8: The Royals

Entry 15:

The first month here has now passed but, I've slowly adapted to life here on campus. The only problem is I have gotten exactly nowhere on actually figuring out why I was brought here. And... mom... I have no idea what happened to her or if she's even still... I have devised a plan where I will try to interrogate as many vampires as I can. (Without being bitten or killed of course)

It seems the half-blood vampires don't know much about my reason for being here, so I'll only speak to Willow and Charlotte on that end. The Royals are practically the next step down from the professors, so I'll try with them first. (As to how...I haven't gotten that far yet but it's a work in progress) Lucian told me about a room just for the Royals in the south building of the school, so maybe I can just go there? (Though, I haven't spoken and may also be slightly avoiding Lucian since that certain day) SO maybe I can just speak to Mr. Average about allowing me to go inside!

A gentle, cool breeze blows the curtains covering my open window as I set the diary down on my nightstand. Shuffling out of bed, I hurry to get dressed. High waisted blue jeans hug my slim torso while a grey V-neck tee hangs loosely. Pulling on an oversized red plaid shirt, I cuff my jeans to put on black high-top converse.

Recently, I've been sneaking out early to avoid Lucian. Not the best way to deal with your problems but it's how I'm dealing with them.

Subtle creaks sound from the door as I slowly poke my head out. Looking left, then right, I sneakily slide out and try to close the door without a sound.

"What are you doing?" That well known, velvet voice fills my ears.

"Wah!" My back slams the door closed, "...nothing."

Looking at Lucian, I notice he's wearing an oversized beige hoodie and black joggers. His dirty blonde, side-swept hair looks messier than usual but still somehow visually seductive. A sexy eye roll mesmerizes me. Then, my mind flips into fear as his face draws nearer to mine. I flinch. Darkness consumes my sight as a low sigh blows past my eardrums. After a few moments, the world is silent. Opening one eye, I find Lucian gone. A relieved, yet painful sigh escapes me as I head for the stairs at the end of the hall.

He must have noticed that I've been avoiding him... I feel bad but I just don't know how to deal with the situation. That day he bit me...I felt like...I wanted him...ugh! No Marzi, that wasn't it. It was just in the moment because of what he was doing to me.

My fingers trace the remains of Lucian's marks on my neck. The two holes have now faded and resemble tiny, swollen mosquito bites. ...Forget that right now, what's important is talking to Mr. Average. I just hope he doesn't evade my questions...

Reaching the teachers' building at the north end of the school, I head for Mr. Average's floor. Small hotel-like corridors replace the usual grand school hallways. Maroon carpets, with dark patterns line the floors while a light, sand beige paint keeps the walls a delicate tone.

Large Mahogany double doors with intricately beautiful carved patterns stand sturdy and obvious in the middle of the hall. Round golden knobs shine so gorgeously, that I get nervous to even touch them. Sucking in a breath; my knuckles gently knock.

A low rumble resonates off the wood, creating a hollow echoing sound. Silence lingers. At last, on the opposite side, a low "come in" is heard. Gulping the nervousness down, I crack the door a smidge to peek inside.

The room-- long and narrow, is lined with bookshelves and large extravagant paintings. In the back, rests a dark wooden desk where Mr. Average sits patiently. The scene is that of a villain in a movie, only he's missing the fluffy cat on his lap. And I hope to God he's not actually evil.