Chapter One

The sun was barely visible through the clouded sky. It was quiet thoughout the town, the forest was peaceful as well, it was relatively untouched by people unless it was Hunters or the small boy it was sheltering right now.

Liam was in the forest, he was curled up against the bottom of the largest tree around. It was his usual spot to go after disagreements with his uncle that go to far.

Liam was sound asleep when he woke to the sound of rustling leaves and the sound of twig breaking. He was quick to sit up and let out a scream as he came face to face with his friend, Grayson.

"Holy shit!" Liam screamed as he held his chest and looked at his friend in horror. Grayson was laughing loudly as he rolled around.

"Your face was fucking awesome." Grayson laughed out. Liam kicked him and threw leaves and sticks at him.

"Your such a jerk, Grayson!" He yelled. Grayson calmed down some and his smile slowly faded. He got closer to Liam and grabbed his chin turning his head to the side.

"Liam, what happened to your lip and cheek" He said, it was more of a demanding tone instead of a questioning one. Grayson's eyes seemed way darker then normal as he stared at the bruised lip and cheek. Liam pushed his hand away and stood up with a huff.

"Its nothing, I fell down a hill on my way here, that's all." He said as he shook leaves out of his hair and grabbed his bag and a new shirt out of it.

"Maybe you wouldn't have that problem if you didn't sleep out here and actually stayed at your house." Grayson said as he turned away so Liam could change in private. Liam struggled to put on his pants as he hopped around some.

"Not a chance, you know I love the outdoors, I'd stay out here for winter if I could." He said, he finally got his pants on but let out a yelp as he tripped and fell backwards. Grayson turned around and laughed.

"Yeah, to bad you have loving and caring friends like us to give you the shelter you really need, since your dumbass wants to be difficult." He said sarcastically before helping him up.

"You really need to stop sleeping out here alone, your going to get hurt or eaten by a wild animal, or with your luck, be mistaken as an animal and get shot." Liam hesitated before looking down and nodding, he looked back up and past Grayson as he saw another familiar face, he smiled some.

"Hey Leah, haven't seen you in a while." Leah gave him a nod of acknowledgement and smiled. Leah was one of those serious people who hated the world, but she always seemed to have a soft spot for the small boy.

"Hey, I was on a jog, thought I heard you someone talking so guess I lucked out with finding you Nature Boy. Shouldn't you guys be going to school? And you forgot a shirt Lee" Liam would have asked why she was this deep into the woods for a jog but at the mention of school and him being half naked his eyes widened. He quickly pulled on his shirt and grabbed Grayson by the wrist as he began running.

"Sorry, gotta run Leah! See you later!" Liam called after, Grayson simply flipped her off with a smile.

_________

Grayson and Liam walked up the driveway and smiled as he saw all of the boys snap there heads in there direction. Liam couldn't help the bright smile that went across his face as they walked up and surrounded him.

"If it isn't Jamison himself, once again wearing a new shiner, what's the excuse this time." Quil asked with a raised eyebrow. Paul and the others took turns inspection the bruises.

"I just fell down again, you guys know I'm clumsy like that." He spotted Jacob walking there way, Jacob was always acting bipolar around him, one moment he'd be laughing and joking and the next he was angry, quiet or serious while ignoring him completely.

"Uh, we should get going to school. Don't want to be late or anything..." He trailed off, the others saw Jake and knew why Liam was acting weird. Liam always blamed himself for Jakes mood swings no matter how many times they said it wasn't his fault. Paul nodded and had the boy's load up, but as Liam went to walk away he was pulled back and turned around, he was face to face with Jacob now, Jacob was silent as he looked at the bruises and then in Liam's eyes as if he was trying to find something. Without any hesitation Jacob let go and walked away leaving Liam to slowly walk to the truck where he was forced to ride inside. Paul and the others in the bed of the truck and Jake driving with Liam in the passenger seat.

"How come I'm always stuck in here." Liam groaned.

"Because your clumsy, remember? We can't have you falling over the edge while Jake is driving" Embry teased. Liam let out a huff.

"You're like an over protective boyfr-"Liam started but Jacob quickly cut him off by turning the radio up full blast. Liam simply sighed and shrunk down in his seat. This was going to be a long day...

_________

Hellooooo, I know this is short but I hope you guys like it. Sooner or later I'm going to change the cover photo. It took me about 5 trys to get this chapter how I wanted it...not even joking. I'll try and make the chapters longer!