Chapter Five

"Holy shit-"

_______________________

TW: Topic of Abuse!

Liam stood still, he was frozen in fear and shock as he stared at the brown haired boy in front of him, his warm brown eyes glazed over in worry and curiosity as Liam fell back against the tree clutching his chest. Liam let out a gasp as his eyes squeezed shut in a tight blanket of reassuring safety as he evened his rapid breathing, his eyes slowly opening to reveal the chocolate brown eyes once again. Liam felt his body relax as he slowly slid down to his butt and rubbed a shaky hand over his paled face.

"Grayson. Where did you come from...how did you get here and what the fuck is wrong with you." Liam gasped out as he looked up at the boy with a look of exhaustion. The larger male slowly moved down into a crouch before slowly lowering himself down into a sitting position, his arm extended out to grab Liam's knee gently as he gazed at him cautiously.

"I followed you to make sure you didn't hurt yourself, and I think I should be asking you that question...what happened back there Liam?" Grayson asked as his eyes grazed over the boy infront of him with worry. Liam knew that look, everyone always gave him the same look, the look people give when they get nervous about something fragile being broken, and Liam, for one, was not broken. Liam sighed and looked down before letting his head fall back against the tree as he looked at the now empty branches where birds once rested before he had disturbed there silence.

"God, I'm fine Grayson, besides the heart attack you gave me, other then that I'm all good. I also might be lost though.." Liam said as he looked at Grayson with a defeated look, a small smile spread across both of there faces as Grayson got to his feet and helped Liam up, his hand instantly landing on Liam's back as he lead him through the forest to a main road. Liam turned towards Grayson and gave him a gentle smile.

"Thanks for helping me Grayson, it means a lot." He said before he started walking down the road, he found himself freezing in his tracks as he let out a small huff. Liam's head turned ninety degrees to glance over his lowered shoulders, a feeling of regret washing over him. His eyes closed as he heard himself call out to the other male, his voice bounced off of the quiet atmosphere around them.

"Gray? Uh, tell the boys that I uh. Tell the boys I'm sorry...please." He called out. He could barely see it but the other male stopped and turned around to look at him, his voice calling out in questioning, but Liam couldn't stop himself as his hands reached up pulling his hood over his head, a hand wipping at his tear filled eyes as his hands then resided in the depths of his jacket pockets. He couldn't face them now, not for a little bit after all that had happened. He felt guilty for getting so angry with them, he knew they were trying to do what was best for him, even if their way was ignoring him and resorting to straight up violence.

A loud groan of annoyance and frustration escaped his chapped lips, his hands flying up to his face to wipe away his tears, he hated being so emotional, he felt weak as he walked down the deserted road on his own, he was taking the walk of defeat right back to the house he swore he would avoid as much as possible. His body trembled at the thought of going back there his whole body seemed to shrink with every step he took as the familiar building came into view.

Liam felt his legs carry him up the driveway, his steps slow and labored as if he was walking in the icy cold while fighting against death and snow. He found himself stop on the porch, a shaky hand raising to knock but as the door flew open it was as if a train had blown through the door and himself. A large male stood there, furious and trembling in anger as narrowed slits replaced the whites of there eye. A large hand shooting out and grabbing at Liam's jacket collar in lightning speed. Furious couldn't truly begin to explain the rage emitting from the man.

In a swift movement, Liam found himself being yanked into the house, the loud crash of a picture frame against the ground could be heard following closely behind the slamming of the front door. Liam found himself being taken by surprise from the sudden gesture as he found himself meeting the floor. His hands scuffing across the poorly taken care of hardwood. It smelt as though he entered a local bar, the stench of neglect and alcohol filled his nose causing him to cringe.

"You have some nerve coming back here boy. I give you a house, food, water and a room and you up and vanish without a word?" The deep growl of the man pulled Liam back to the original threat and he was quick to scramble to his feet, whipping his body around as he came chest to chest with the foul smelling man. A hand shot out grabbing the brown locks of hair on top of his head pulling it back to force the smaller of the two into a position to look up at him. Liam felt his back clash against the hardness of the desk that was behind him his hair still being pulled back as he grabbed the man's arm and felt himself being leaned back over the desk uncomfortably.

"I-It's not like that I swear! I was staying with a friend so we could study for the exam-" Liam was cut off as the grip on his hair was replaced by the tight grip on his neck. A choked gasp escaped his chapped lips as he felt the blood drain from his body, his complexion paling at the thought of what might happen to him.

"You think I'm an idiot? You think I didn't see your packed bags that night, You ungrateful little shit!" The boy felt his eyes squeeze shut at the tightening around his neck, his face turning red as his hands clawed at the males arm pleading for oxygen.

"I swear...ple-ase!" He gasped out as his eyes were beginning to shut from the lack of oxygen, a loud huff filled his ears before he made contact with the floor once more, loud gasps for air escaping his lips as he wheezed against the force of the kick that made contact to his gut. Liam could barely hear the man mumble about going out for a drink before the slamming of the front door could be heard echoing throughout the house.

With heavy eyes and labored breaths, Liam found himself curling into a small ball, not having the energy to go to the safety of his room. The boy felt dread wash over his body in an instant, not being able to stop himself as sobs wracked through his body and his vision blurred into nothingness.

_________

Hey guys! I am so sorry for the SUPER long wait and I am also sorry that this is so short! My notifications had been glitching out so I hadn't been getting any notifications so I thought no one was liking the story, but holy crap was I wrong when I opened up Wattpad today!

I decided I am going to go ahead and bring in this topic after the Johnny Depp and Amber 'Turd' thing happening and some other crazy things happening in my life lately. (Don't worry I am completely safe!)

I just wanted to say thank you all for the 12.3k reads!! I am in online school right now like many of you guys so updates wont be frequent so I apologize!