Chapter 18: Wicked Family

"Shoot it!" She shouted.

Tinutok ko na lang ang baril ko doon sa pulang target. I have to shoot that and get a bull's-eye!

I fired my gun but-

"You missed! Are you really that stupid, Whiskey?"

"I-I'm sorry mom! I'll try to hit it again. Please give me another chance!"

She is just glaring at me. I-I'm so afraid of her! I don't want her to get mad at me. I just want her to be proud of me!

"Another chance? Whiskey, if you are looking for another chance, you'll find it in another life. Hindi ka sasantohin ng mga kalaban ng pamilya natin!"

I-I'm about to cry... I'm just 13 years old so I think I'm not good enough in shooting the target.

"Don't give me that face, Whiskey! Don't ever dare to cry in front of me! Walang duwag sa pamilya natin!"

I'm just holding back my tears. Alam ko na mas lalo siyang magagalit kapag tumulo ang mga luha ko.

After a second, we heard a multiple shot. I saw my brother who is firing his gun at the target.

A-Amazing! He can hit the bull's-eye! Gin is really good in handling a gun!

Mukhang naubos na ang mga bala niya. He looked at me and he smirked...

"That's how we do it, Whiskey..."

I heard a slow clap. Napatingin na lang ako kay mama. She is just smiling.

"You're really good, Gin! Mabuti na lang at magkaiba kayo nitong kapatid mo. He can't shoot like you!"

Napayuko na lang ako. My mom is always proud of my brother. I-I'm so jealous of him. Never kasi siyang naging proud sa akin.

I'm not as good as my brother. I can't match his skills. We are not the same.

"Gin, eat dinner with me..." She said.

Mom gave me a frightful glare...

"You are always my disappointment, Whiskey! Do not sleep until you learn how to hit that target!"

I think I'm about to cry. Umalis na siya. Sobrang baba ng tingin sa akin ni mom. I just looked at my feet.

Never siya naging proud sa akin. This is one of the things that I really want to get. I want to get her trust. I want her to be proud but I don't know why.

Hindi ko na talaga mapigilan ang sarili ko. My tears started falling. She's not here so I think it's ok to cry for a second.

"Oh, you're crying! Hahahah!"

Nabigla ako... Gin is still here! I wiped my tears and I glared at him. I don't really like this one!

"That's the thing that mom really hate from you! Hahahah you are such a disappointment. You're not listening to her! She said that tears are only for weaklings!"

I fired the gun at his feet...

"H-Hey! Did you just try to shoot me?" He asked in a terrifying voice.

"Someday, I'll be better than you!"

He laughed again...

"No, you can't! Kung gusto mo talaga, patunayan mo ang sarili mo ngayon! Come on! Fight me!" He said.