Chapter 28: Queen Margarita

Margarita's POV

I'm just looking in front of the mirror while putting the last touch of my poisonous beauty.

I put the color of blood on my lips...

The war will start in a few moments but I have to do something. In front of a mirror, I can see a very dangerous woman. A syndicate leader; queen of Chinese mafia.

I made a lot of powerful people to kneel in front of me. No one dares to fight back because they already know the ending.

I never lose; I get even...

There is one thing that I really wanted to do before I'll start devouring them.

"Queen Marga, these are the basket of flowers that you need."

I just looked at my assistant and she put those baskets at the table. Sinenyasan ko siya na umalis.

Well, it's one of the traits of my family. We don't usually talk to people that are just serving us because they might end up discovering what we are.

I stood up while looking at the basket of flowers. Sa totoo lang, nalulungkot ako. I have all the power but I did not protect them. All I have is my son.

I went at the cemetery together with my numerous guards. I did not let them to follow while I'm walking at the cemetery.

The wind is blowing so cold and my body can feel their presence. I stopped in front of a tomb and I saw their names. My heart started breaking like a glass.

Well, even the most powerful queen has her own weakness. My tears started falling but my hands are shaking because of rage.

"I will make them pay for what they did to you. Brandy, my love."

They took him away from me but I drive him out first. I am still blaming myself. If I can only turn back the time, I will never let him go.

•••

"Where are you going?" I shouted.

"I'm taking my children! They are not safe with you, Margarita!" He shouted.

"And you think I will let you take them? Huh Brandy?"

He's mad because he can't take it anymore. I have a lot of enemies because of my family business.

My parents died and I am their only successor. I don't have a choice but to embrace the power that they've left.

"Wine, don't go with your dad!"

Wine cried at his early age and he run towards me. He is hugging me. I know that he likes me more than his dad.

"I don't want to go, mom! Please, stop dad from taking my sister!" He said.

Brandy is still holding our baby, Vermouth. She's just months old!

"You heard your son! Give me back my daughter! They wanted me more than you! I can protect my children!"

I heard a gun shot...

I glared at the window and there are intruders at my mansion! They are our rival syndicate! Napatitig na lang sa akin si Brandy, he is too worried about our children.