CHAPTER 4

[ALARM BUZZING]

No. No, please it's too early. I feel like I just closed my eyes and alarm started buzzing.

I rolled over to grab my phone. It's four am. It was first time in months that I slept without nightmares. It felt so good. I felt rested and refreshed as I walked out of the bed.

[Sigh]

I reached for my hair to tie before going to the rest room. Instead of hair, my hands feel fabric.

What?

Reached my both hands for my hair.. Oh it's my hijab. I forgot to take it off.

Relieved, I unpin the fabric covering my hair and walked for the door I see.

No. it's not a washroom. It's a small terrace. I shut it immediately due to the wind that was coming.

Another door, It's a walk in closet. There is another door behind it.

God, is it room or a maze?

Thankfully it's bath room.

I take off the clothes that I was wearing since my last shower at Nafisa Khala's home.

That being said I turned the shower on and stepped in.

That was bad idea.

The cold water ran from my head to toe. I waited for it to get warm which slowly it did.

The shower filled with steam. My mother's voice rang inside my head, screaming that hot water would make my scalp dry but I cannot take chances with cold water as I do not want to die with hypothermia.

The products kept in washroom smelled delicious, I stepped out smelling like a fruit salad

I wrapped my hair in a lawn dupatta first and then patted dry my body.

Pro tip: never wrap your hair in thick fabric, i.e. towel but in a thin fabric like cotton and lawn.

I wrapped the bath robe around me as I walked towards sink. The reflection that mirror showed was not much different but it definitely had much diluted shadow of grief over it than the girl in plane.
I looked for the dryer after applying hair tonic to my hair for moisture (can't risk dandruff when you are a hijabie) after finding it in the cabinets under the sink, I started to brush and dry my hair. My long black hair going down till my thighs took a while to dry completely. After drying hair I performed ablution and waited for my face and hands to dry before toning and moisturizing, applying hair oil to roots of my hair and scalp. By the time I walked out it was time for fajr prayer, which I performed in my room, sending my prayers to my family members up in the heaven and recited Qur'an with translation. By the time my morning meditation had finished I was starving. With giving the idea a consideration I walked down to kitchen, my hijab was loosely set on my head and shoulders. An old metallic catcher was holding my bun under my hijab. A loose white kurti and crème cotton pants were covering my body. It's been a time since I realized my brown skin looks best in white.

"What are you doing in kitchen at seven am?" A voice makes me shudder.

"Umm... I was hungry so I decided to make breakfast. If that is not allowed I will go back to my room." I said all at once, turning to meet the black eyes questioning me.

A confused expression play at his face then his eyes wander to cereal box in my hand.

"I can make it. You can be seated."

"No, you don't have to I am perfectly capable of making a cereal, trust me." I said backing away

"I never asked. I told you." He replied taking the box away from me.

Note for all the boys: NEVER TELL A GIRL THAT YOU CAMMANDED HER

"Excuse me? I said I can do it. Thanks for your consideration but no thanks I can do it." I said as I tried to take away the cereal box. And this twenty something POS held it out of my reach. I am tall I tell you. I am good 5'9 but he is taller and his arms are also long. I exhaled sharply. Boy do I hate him.

He wore apron with floral print as he turned on the stove.

Wait. What is he doing? I just wanted flakes with milk.

"You like your tea strong?"

"Yes... I mean what?"

Why is he talking about tea. WTF is going on? Why is everything about him so confusing?

"You like omelet?" Uhhh what?

"Why are you asking this?"

"You can go to your room, I'll call you when the breakfast will be ready."

Talk about peculiar.

It's been half an hour and I am literally dyeing with hunger. I have given myself room tour upon which I discovered following facts about it
Fact no 1: My bed is queen sized
Fact no 3: The furniture is most expensive
Fact no 4: There is a chandelier in my room
Fact no 5 : I am not comfortable.

My cell phone rings I pick it up

"The breakfast is ready."

And the reason has my cell phone number