-A-

I was really tempted to make the title of this chapter "I Woke Up Like This" but I felt like I had to stick with the pattern I established with the first A report.

Once again I would like to make it clear that some parts of this chapter are taken directly from the Scarab Beetle books, mainly the description of what they want Sang to do. Also just as a reminder any italicized text means the character is using sign language. 

The sound of conversation gradually roused Axel from his slumber. He had taken the overnight watch of the Sorenson's house. His shift had been largely uneventful with the exception of a scantily clad brunette sneaking out of the house around 11 and not returning until 4 in the morning. Based on the report he received from Corey when he returned to the apartment the girl must have been Marie Sorenson.

To say the report he received from Corey had come as a shock to him would be putting it mildly. It would be another few days before they would be able to confirm some of the details and the Academy would want to review their findings it would appear they were dealing with a ghost bird.

When he, at last, felt fully awake he began to pay closer attention to the chatter outside his door. While Axel could not make out what was being said he could tell one thing for certain, all the voices were male. Did that mean their mall thief had managed to evade his team yet again?

Feeling frustrated and needing answers he silently crossed his room to the door, as he reached to door all conversation dropped off. Axel opened the door and stepped out. None of his team noticed his entrance as all their focus was on the petite blonde who sat sandwiched between Kevin and Corey on the couch.

He watched her hands move and was able to catch the tail end of her question, "know sign language?"

It didn't take a huge leap of the imagination to guess what the rest of her question had been and figuring now would be a good time to announce his presence he said, "You're in luck because I know sign language."

In an instant five heads turned towards him, the blonde on the couch looked momentarily bewildered but quickly got her bearings and turned to look at him as well.

He watched as she took in every inch of him starting at his face and working her way down. There was something incredibly erotic about the way her eyes trailed over his body that had his cock hardening a little.

Brandon was the first to find his voice again and barked at Axel, "Dude. Get some pants on, will you? We've got a girl here."

The sound of Brandon's voice seemed to remind the blonde where she was and she looked back up. Axel's dark commanding eyes met with her haunted green ones.

Axel took this opportunity to study the blonde, who he was certain was Sang Sorenson, just a thoroughly as she had him. Her hair fell way past her shoulders and to call it blonde was doing it a disservice. Her green eye showed evidence of exhaustion and her bottom lip was swollen although at his distance he was unable to make out anything else. His eyes moved further down pausing at her small pert breasts and on the swell of her hips.

Axel felt drawn to her and it pained him a little to see how thin she was, however, a quick glance around the room showed him that with the exception of Kevin all his brothers felt the same. Seeing the way his brothers were looking at Sang forced him to remember his job, right now he needed to be their leader.

"I'm sure she's seen one before," He was careful to keep his tone neutral. There was something about the way she reacted to his statement that caught his attention. Axel cocked his head and examined her expression, the way one of her fingers was pressing into her lower lip and how she could no longer seem to look him in the eye. The extent of her innocence came as a surprise to him, "I take that back, she hadn't seen one before."