44.

-HIM-

I taste her, measuring every inch of her skin with my tongue and branding her with my hickeys. Her moans fan the flames of desire inside me. Her hands are all over me, tracing my abs and running over my muscles. Gently, I place her on the bed while hovering over her as I trail down her body.

Her skin is so soft, it temps me to bite into it. I can't have enough of her. Unlike other times, she is giving into my touch. This makes Rey growl in approval. I could feel her wolf, Vesta just underneath her surface.

As I descend down, she puts her hands in my hair and pulls me up before claiming my lips again. I lie by her side before I pull her closer. Strong sparks dance on my skin as her bare skin is pressed again mine. Her tender, bare breasts are pressed against my hard muscles. I can't help but pull her closer as I deepen the kiss.

I wanted this so badly. I had never felt so content before. I was upset since yesterday when we had the heated conversation. This lightened my mood considerably. She's capable of making me feel things that no one ever made me feel. I can't be happier to have her.

I don't know what I did to get her as my mate. Ishtar paired us to get back at me. I am well aware of it that Ishtar paired us even after not being compatible, just for the sake of revenge but I couldn't have asked for anyone better.

She gives me hope. She promises me a future to look forward to. I want to have all of her. She's everything for me and I'd give her everything if she asks once.

I don't know how long we kissed. I lost track of time. I lost the sense of my surrounding. It's so easy for me to forget everything when I am with her. She sighs deeply when I pull back. She buries her face in the crook of my neck and stays like that for the rest of the night. Her hands rest on my chest while my arms are wrapped around her and one of my legs is draped over hers, enclosing her into my body.

"Good night, my queen," I mutter lowly in her ear. I feel her lips curl into a smile against my skin. "Night, my king," says her faint voice and my heart skips a beat.

"Oh, my Neffie..."

~

-HER-

The morning sunlight casting through the window is the first thing I feel in the morning. I yawn as I rub my eyes. I feel so warm and fuzzy this morning. Vesta is buzzing with happiness inside me. As I sit up and stretch my arms, a smile finds its way to my lips.

I sigh deeply before I crawl out of the bed. Suddenly, my pajama top slips, which makes me stop and look down. It seems exceptionally bigger and smells nice... hmmm. The sleeves are bigger than my hands so I have to slip them up to my elbow. Did I shrink or the shi- GODAMN IT'S HIS SHIRT! HOW DID IT END UP ON ME?

I freeze for a moment as I rake my brain to remember what happened last night. Soon, I remember everything. His heated kisses, his electrifying touch, and his passionate mouth. I find my pajama top lying on the bed, crumbled and disregarded. I let his pajama shirt slip off my body as I stand before the huge mirror in his room.

A gasp leaves my lips as my eyes travel over my skin covered with hickeys. My breasts seem swollen and covered with his marks. There are several marks on my stomach and neck too. I race my brain to remember if things went down south but so far, I don't feel anything abnormal in the juncture between my legs.

I force myself to focus before I bathe and get dressed. I am pretty much of a late riser whereas Arles wakes up pretty early. I like to function late and Armelius has adjusted to my timetable. I have breakfast before I head to the library. Armelius is not there. Instead, I find a note saying that he's busy with important matters which will require him to leave me alone for the day.