26.

Fvck the updating schedule. I miss writing. So here's a new chapter.

Enjoy ;)

*Song above: Ava Max - Sweet but Psycho

~

- HER-

"MINE!" A growl rings throughout the room and that's when I turn around.

My eyes find his silver ones as he's holding Phoebe, resting a knife against her neck which is pressing angrily against it. A drop of blood runs down her neck when Vesta says the word I could have never thought of...

'Mate...'

I drink in his appearance. He's wearing the same black cloak but the hood is resting on his shoulders, his face left bare for me to see.

I have seen his state in the ruins but he looks nothing like it. He is... he looks like the living incarnation of beauty. I can't find the words to describe his features.

His eyes are silver with thin blue streaks in them. His pupils are dilated as he drinks in my appearance. He has midnight black hair, just like me but they're a bit curly. His nose is straight but his lips are the most captivating thing about him. The upper lip is bow shaped while the lower is full and tempting.

He is tall like the last time I remember. His muscles bunch under the cloak. His biceps bulge under the black fabric as he holds Phoebe in place.

I am trying hard to not stare at the breathtaking God in front of me. His statue in the ruins couldn't even hold a candle to him. I never expected him to be this... beautiful.

His eyes hold me captive, watching me hungrily. Vesta wants to be let out so that she could go to him and do what mates do.

I can't believe he is my mate, the one for me. It's impossible. How could this happen? I wasn't supposed to have a mate. But even after that when I got blessed with a mate, it happens to be someone whom I hate the most!

I am devastated.

How am I supposed to love him? How can I love him when he is the source of my nightmares? He hurt me in the past and now he's the destined one for me?

What does the goddess want from me? Why does it happen to me? What did I do to deserve such a fate?

I can't mate with him. I'll be damned if I mate with him. I'd rather die unmated. I won't even let him touch me. I don't want him. I'll reject him. I'll hurt him the way he hurt me.

My chest rumbles with a growl.

"How dare you!" I say with my clenched teeth. He looks at me blankly but there's a certain motion in his eyes that I can't decipher.

"Leave them all," I growl feeling my eyes turning black.

"I will if you come with me." He says calmly but there's this edge to his voice. His eyes are fixed on me while Phoebe is glaring at me.

The more she tries to struggle in his hold, tighter it gets. The knife is digging into her skin, making more blood come out. I feel my canines coming out at the scene before me.

No one hurts my family and gets away with it.

"I'd rather die." I hiss at him with all the loathing I have in me. Vesta isn't happy with him too, especially after he put my pack and family in danger.

"Ok then," Arles says and runs the knife across Phoebe's throat before she collapses on the floor, lifeless.

A blood curling scream echoes throughout the room. I recognize it to be mine before I go running to Phoebe's lifeless body on the floor. I am about to bend down and touch her when I feel a strong arm wrap around my waist and pull me back instead.