《 Code #23 : His Struggle Without Her 》

<code> CHAPTER XXIII </code>

Author's P.O.V.

=♡=♡=♡=

Rays of blinding light coming from the sun that hit their bedroom's window woke Saeran up from the best sleep he had from the past 20 years of being alive.

His hands immediately searched for someone as he regained consciousness, eyes still closed. "Yoona..." He roamed his right hand and felt the empty spot beside him. "Hmm... where are you, my wife?"

Thinking she was still there, he lazily opened his still drowsy golden eyes and finally saw that he was alone in their bed, in the room that they both shared together last night.

Scrunching his forehead, he sighed, wondering why she left him here alone this early as the clock only indicated 5:40AM. "Where did you go... Yoona?" He innocently rubbed his eyes, still a bit sleepy and his vision a little blur without his contacts or eyeglasses.

Saeran was about to finally get up the bed and find Sky when his eyes landed to a small, white, flowery envelope placed neatly on their nightstand.

He picked it up curiously and sat up the bed, the sheets covering him. "What is this...?" He examined it for a while before deciding to open it, and he found a single piece of paper with a very familiar scent on it.

"Yoona's..." He rummaged to the drawers beside and found his eyeglasses quickly before unfolding the letter to read it.

To my dearest Sae-sae,

When you wake up this morning, don't look for me and don't blame yourself that I'm gone. I did not leave with any regrets. I was the happiest woman alive yesterday, especially last night, and I will keep it in my heart forever. I gave you my name, my everything... and that is a choice, a decision that I will not regret for the rest of my life.

Hate me, forget me and everything. I deserve it for leaving you without saying anything and just writing this crappy letter alone... but I still couldn't stand and forgive myself yet for everything I've done, too. I almost threw you in that painful pit and suffering, with my own hands... this is the least I can do to ease my guilt.

The last parts of the letter was almost illegible, because of the visible marks of tears that it had. This and everything brought Saeran's eyes to almost a complete blur with tears forming, too, as much as he was in confusion of what was happening.

Yes... Please think of it this way. And know that I love you, always will. Be safe, always. Love, Sky-- no, Choi Yoona...

"W-what... what is she... what is she s-saying...?" Saeran can barely form his words as he almost crumpled the letter, gripping it hard and reading the words again and again, her message not getting through him.

"N-no... w-what is this...? S-she must be playing a prank or something... I-I don't..." He took of his glasses, wiping his tear-stained face before standing up quickly.

He went to the closet and there he was horrified to confirm that Yoona's clothes were all gone already, too. He grabbed hastily whatever of his clothes without looking and get dressed before heading outside, Yoona's already crumpled letter still in his hand.

As Saeran went out the room, he spotted his sullen-looking brother sitting on the living room's sofa, his hands covering his face. He approached him and shook his shoulders, eyes threatening to fall tears again.