Chapter Three

Janet opened the door to her home with excitement. In that brief moment, she'd forgotten about how tired she was as she walked through the house calling Clarke's name but she was nowhere in sight.

She stood near the bed in their room. It was neatly made and nothing was out of place. It looked like Clarke hadn't even been home at all. A sense of sadness came over her.

Clarke quietly approached her from behind admiring how well she wore that camouflage colored jumpsuit and black boots she loved so much. She smiled and covered Janet's eyes with both hands.

"Welcome home beautiful." Clarke said softly in her ear. Janet smiled and attempted to turn around to see her. "Nope, I need you to play along because I have a surprise for you.

"Clarke baby, c'mon, I wanna see your face." Janet said in that soft, sweet and pouty tone that Clarke loved so much.

"And you will in just a second, I promise." Clarke assured her as she carefully led Janet through the house and to the doors that over looked the beach. "Now watch your step."

The ground suddenly felt soft as their shoes touched sand. Janet could feel the cool breeze from the water against her face. She loved the smell of the ocean. It was her escapism. The crashing waves sounded much closer than before.

"Baby where are you taking me?" She asked just as they stopped.

"See for yourself..." Clarke said and removed her hands from her eyes.

" Clarke said and removed her hands from her eyes

Janet turned to face her. She smiled and just gazed at her in awe.

"Babe..." She said. "This is beautiful, thank you."

Clarke blushed as she looked over the image of Janet standing right in front of her. She shook her head slowly.

"You never fail to take my breath away." She said, then held out her hand. Janet took it and allowed herself to be pulled in to Clarke's warm embrace. It's where she felt safest and most comfortable. Janet glanced up and kissed her.

Any time they kissed it was like the were the only two beings to exist.

Someone cleared their throat nearby. They quickly turned to see Noah standing behind them with a bright smile on his face. He was dressed up in a black button up, black slacks and a powder pink apron. Janet smiled and shook her head. She didn't expect anything different from him.

"Welcome home Ms. Jackson. Dinner is served." He said as two other servers brought food out and sat it down on the table. Noah smiled and kissed Janet's cheek as she claimed her spot on one of the soft pillows in the sand.

"Did you make this? It looks wonderful." She asked. He nodded proudly.

"I did, you know a bitch can throw down in the kitch-" It was Clarke's turn to clear her throat. He glanced over at her and back at Janet again. "Sorry girl , I promised yo daddy I'd stay in character tonight. If you guys need anything the servers will be near... enjoy ladies." He said as he stuck his tongue out at Clarke and scurried back toward the house. Janet giggled and shook her head at Clarke.