Chapter Fourteen

As Emori and Clarke lay in bed, they held their hands up in the air, side by side, letting streams from the morning light dance across their skin. It was one of many mornings they'd shared together over the past few weeks. Emori tangled her fingers into Clarke's.

"We look like coffee and cream."'Clarke said and smiled. "Don't you think?"

Emori gazed at her adoringly.

"Do you wanna know what I adore about you the most?" She asked. Her eyes still focused on their hands. Clarke turned to look at her.

"What's that?" Clarke asked.

"You're always just you. Not predictable but just always one hundred percent your authentic self. I admire and kind of envy that about you. No one can change you. No situation can change you. It's amazing actually."

Clarke chuckled.

"Doing you change who you are?" She asked.

"I can become a different person in certain situations. You've seen it first hand... it's not purposely. I guess some of us don't adapt as well as others." Emori said as her phone began to buzz. She reached over to grab it and sat up against the headboard of Clarke's bed.

"I have to go. Max is expecting me." She said and sighed.

Max. Clarke thought you herself. It pulled her right out of the fantasy land that was become her and Emori. She sat up on the side of the bed and ran her fingers through her locs.

Emori smiled, loving the way they fall against her bare back and shoulders. She moved closer to Clarke and cradled her from behind. She moved a strand of Clarke's hair to the side and kissed her skin.

Clarke felt stiff and uncomfortable now as she looked back at Emori.

"Where does Max think you are whenever ever you're with me?" She asked. Emori sighed and shifted, putting some space between them.

"Why does it matter?"

"I'm just curious. We've been spending a lot of time together and I'm starting to wonder what it is we're doing here?" The irritation in Clarke's tone was very evident. "I mean does this road lead somewhere other than my bed?"

Emori looked at her and then got out of the bed. Her own irritation was starting to show.

"Clarke please don't complicate this. You're overthinking it. We should just be enjoying each other and having a good time."

"Complicate it? So what, am I just you're play thing or some shit?" Clarke asked as she stood.

Emori stopped what she was doing, walked over to Clarke and put her arms around her neck.

"You know that's not what you are to me." She said and kissed her. Clarke face softened.

"Look, I'm not asking you to leave her. I'm not asking you for anything. I just don't want to be to some rebound for you. Max is my friend Em and I'm sleeping with her wife."

"Clarke I love you, I always have and I know things are weird, but I don't want to put any pressure on myself or you. Can we just let it be what it is, until I can figure my shit out?" She smiled sweetly at Clarke and kissed her nose.

"I don't like you." Clarke said jokingly, trying her hardest not to smile.

"I know..." Emori said and walked towards the bathroom. She looked over her shoulder. "Shower?"

Clarke shook her head, smiled and followed Emori inside, closing the door behind them.

Clarke stretched out on her bed, arms behind her head. She watched Emori as she got ready to meet with Max.