Chapter Eleven

Emori opened the door to her apartment. Clarke walked inside and immediately started pacing. She hadn't said anything the entire car ride. Emori sat her purse and bags down and just watched her for a moment.

"What happened?" Emori asked.

Clarke looked at her and shook her head.

"I just don't understand Ems." She said as she started to cry. "I give her everything my love can offer. I've done my best to understand that her life different and sometimes complicated." She shook her head again and threw her hands up. "Why was that not enough? Why would she cheat on me?" She said and fell to her knees and buried her face in her hands as she began to sob.

Emori kneeled at her side.

"Clarke look at me." She said as Clarke raised her swollen eyes to meet hers. "It's not you."

"It is me, I know it's me." She said.

"No it's not!" Emori took Clarke's face into her hands. "People like that have access to any and everything they want and are always searching for more. You don't belong in that world Clarke. You're so special and different and so fucking rare. I don't care who she is, she will never be good enough for someone like you." She said and she stroked Clarke's flushed cheeks with her thumbs. "I think now is a great time to open up that bottle we brought back, what do you say?"

Clarke smiled slightly and laughed.

"Are you sure you're good to drink?" She asked.

"Yeah, Max and I drink from time to time, I've learned to not go over my limit."

They sat at the dining room table and just talked for a while. Emori left briefly to take a phone call from Max and explained to her what had happened, at least what she knew so far.

"Fuck that's rough." Max said on the other end of the phone. "So what is she gonna do? Are they gonna try to work it out?"

"God I hope not." Emori scoffed.

"They love each other Em. They should at least talk about it. Imagine if we would've just given up." She said, trying to make a point.

"No, Clarke deserves better than her." She said standing her ground and refusing to say Janet's name. "Anyway, I'm gonna get back to Clarke. I love you and I can't wait to see you tomorrow. Goodnight baby."

Emori hung up the phone and walked back into the livingroom. Clarke was in her boxers and sports bra, finishing off the wine bottle as she attempted to turn some music on. She finally found the power button, pressed it and music blasted threw the speakers scaring them both.
Emori laughed and turned it down. Clarke tilted the bottle attempting to get the last drop out. Emori took it from her and laughed.

"There is more in the fridge and where are your clothes?" She said as she headed for the kitchen. Clarke followed dancing behind her the entire way. "Here crazy." She said as she handed Clarke a full and chilled bottle of wine. "But I'm not responsible for your hangover in the morning."

"Thank you!" Clarke said and popped the cork. She started drinking it straight from the bottle.

"Do you mind if I have some too?" Emori said and reached for it. "Come on stingy ass!" Clarke snatched it away just as Emori got her hands on it and spilled wine all over her shirt. "Clarke!" Emori screamed as Clarke burst into laughter. She pulled her shirt over her head leaving her in a her pink laced bra and a pair tiny jean shorts. "This is one of my favorite shirts." She pouted.

"My bad, I promise I'll get it dry cleaned." Clarke said and grabbed her hand. "But for now... Dance with me." She said and pulled Emori back towards the living room.