Chapter 1 - A New Start

I can faintly hear people speaking and the sound of multiple beeping noises. "He will definitely wake up today or tomorrow. He is also temporarily paralyzed in both of his legs, and they will be weak for a very long time due to the damage done to his spine" I hear someone say, who is he talking to? Me? But I'm the one sleeping, I think?

"Ok, thank you so much, doctor. Bailey and I will stay in here until he wakes up, and then Ill send Bailey to get you," said another voice. "Ok, until then," said the doctor.

Come on, eyes open, I want to know who is in the room with me, will they hurt me too? "Natty, when is he gonna come home with us? The other boys really want to meet him!" whispered yelled a voice to the right of me; I'm guessing that that is Bailey. Or there might be more people in the room!

"Settle down Bailey, he will wake up when he wants to. The doctor said so, whether it be tomorrow or today." Says the Natty person Bailey was speaking to -I mean, I hope it is- "Ok, ok, I just can't wait. He looks so adorably small, and I just want to hug and squeeze him!" shouts Bailey.

Exhaustion takes hold again, and just as I let myself go under, I hear 'Natty' say. "He does look quite adorable. It appears that he is the youngest out of all you boys."

_____________________________________________

My eyes feel so heavy, where am I? Am I dead? Did father finally succeed in killing me? Am I free? What is that horrible beeping noise? It takes a while, but I finally manage to get my eyes up but shut them immediately because of the light, its so bright it makes my vision blurry and my eyes hurt.

"T-t-turn off t-the light p-p-please," I whine out to anyone that was in the room. Soon enough, the lights were off, and I could open my eyes a little more and let them get used to my surroundings.

That annoying beeping noise was coming from my right, but someone clears their throat just as I go to look. I let out a nervous whine and look to my left, where a boy who looks around my age is sitting and smiling at me. I try to move, but I can't move very much with all the wires attached to me.

"Hello, darling. How are you feeling?" Bailey speaks quietly, scooting closer to the bed. "Umm, I'm ok... B-but who are you?" I whispered, tilting my head away in anxiety. "Oh, sorry darling, my bad, my name is Bailey Ryans; I'll be able to share when Natty comes back, ok, baby?" He says. "Uh.. o-ok" I nod my head in confusion.

It is then that I realize the name he called me, and my cheeks heat up. I shyly turn away to hide my face. Bailey continues to look at me and chuckles, "You're adorable," and my cheeks heat up even more.

Silence overtakes the awkward air of the room; unknowingly, I begin picking at the skin around my nails. Eventually, Bailey asks me a question that makes me quite nervous, "Darling, I know you're rather anxious, and you don't know me at all, but would holding hands be ok? I just don't want you hurting yourself."

Flinching, I look down at my hands, letting out a gasp. Without knowing, I had picked so much I made myself bleed. Peering up at Bailey, I see that he had a bright gentle smile on his face with his hand held out. Glancing down at my hand, I nervously brought my shaky hand up and placed it in his much larger one.

Strange, it doesn't feel like fathers

Suddenly, the door is pushed open rather loudly. Flinching with the sudden light and new person's presence, I rip my hand away from Baileys and curl up at the top of the bed. "Shit," I hear someone mumble as they close the door gently and begin approaching the bed, making me shudder.

"Hey darling, it's ok. It's only Natty, the person I was talking about. He won't hurt you, I promise." Bailey whispers as he strokes my arm, avoiding bruises. Shivering but hoping that he isn't lying, I slowly open my eyes and peek at Bailey with a scared expression. He smiles and nods towards the person who entered the room. With Bailey's encouragement, I slowly uncurl with a whine and peek at the person who entered the room.

When I do, my breath hitches, the man standing in front of me is incredibly handsome, tall and buff. He has brown hair, short on the side and long on the top. He also has a small apologetical smile on his face.

"Hello, little one, I apologize for entering unannounced; I didn't realize you were awake. The hospital staff were giving me some hassle as well, nosy people, they are. How are you feeling?" the man says in a deep baritone voice. It makes shivers crawl down my back, but not like the ones I'm used to. Hesitantly and quietly, I respond, "H-Hel-lo, I-I'm ok, and i-i-it's ok.

Smiling, he nods his head and begins making his way to the other side of the bed towards a chair, opposite of Bailey. Gently he places the things he brought with him on the floor beside the chair and slowly sat down on the chair, scooting towards the bed.

"That's good, I'm glad. My name is Nathaniel Black; I'm the head of an all-boys home. Bailey, the one you've been speaking to is from this home, and there are 4 others there too. Their names are Ryan McGrady, Robert Homes, Julian Rock and Sam Carver; they'll introduce themselves when we go home," Nathaniel says in a gentle voice while smiling at me.

It is then that reality hits me. A home? What about father? Hell come for me, and hell hurt them. I dont want that at all, no way. Whimpering, I bend in on myself; what if they are like him? What if they hurt me too? Hyperventilating, as anxiety envelops me, I barely hear when Nathaniel asks Bailey to go get a doctor.

"Bailey, my sweet, can you go fetch his doctor?" Nathaniel says to Bailey in an urgent voice. "Yes, sir!" Bailey yells, rushing from the room and quickly out the door.

"Little one, are you ok? Talk to me, darling," Nathaniel whispers to me while reaching out to gently rub my hand. "A home? W-W-What d-d-do you mm-mmean? Where i-i-is my father?" I croak as I whimper and flinch away from him. Jolting back again as pain flares up. "Oh darling, shhh, we'll talk about this later, just breath?" he says, just as the doctor walks in.

Stuttering, I go to ask another question, but the doctor comes rushing in and interrupts me. Black dots began to evade my vision. Everything starts to spin and become muffle. The last thing I hear is "We need some sedative immediately. He is going to hurt himself" before I pass out.