Chapter 7 - Part Two of The Talk and The Scare

Recap:

"Nat, Little K, I'm sorry for intruding, but we have a problem!" Julian breaths out heavily. Nathaniel quickly stands up with me still in his arms, "Julian, what is it? What's wrong?" Nathaniel questions warily and speedily walks over to Julian.

"The stoves on fire and Slammys hurt!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Shit," Nathaniel cursed as he quickly but gently set me down in my wheelchair and then moves around Julian to get out of the office.

"Come on, little K, we got to outside!" Julian says as he quickly maneuvers me correctly in my seat and then grabs hold of the wheelchair handles. As Julian spins us around to start heading out of the office, the fire alarm starts.

I flinch at the loud noise and quickly cover my ears with my hands. Looking up, I see one of the alarms above the door going off with a bright red light whirling around.

Entering the hallway, the smoke is billowing from the kitchen farther down the hallway. "Cover your nose and mouth, little K. We have to go through the hallway to get to the backdoor, and I don't want you breathing smoke." Julian slouches down to say into my ear as we turn in the opposite direction of the kitchen and towards the backdoor.

With one hand, I reach up and pull my shirt over my nose and mouth so that I don't breathe in the smoke. The other hand clutches at my jeans. What if Sammy is really hurt? I hope he isn't. I really like him, and everyone would be so upset. I wish I could run to the kitchen to make sure he and Nathaniel are ok.

Julian quickly scoots us around the final corner and right to the backdoor. Ryan quickly runs up the back deck stairs and grabs hold of the front of the wheelchair, and they both carry me down the stairs.

When I'm placed back on the ground, I start looking around to make sure everyone is out. On the grass by the trees stood Robbie and Bailey, but I couldn't see Nathaniel or Sam. I can feel my breathing picking up as I start freaking about Sam and Nathaniels health. What if theyre still in there? What if theyre stuck?

"Kai, darling, are you ok? Darling, you need to breathe for me, ok? Everyone is ok. Nathaniel and Sam are out front with the ambulance. We were sent back here because its safer and to prevent crowding." Bailey tries to calm me down, but all that does is work me up more. Is Sam really bad? Is that why they won't let us see him? Bailey tries to grab my shaking hands, but I flinch away from him. "I-I-I n-need to-to see h-him, p-p-please?" I croak out as I grab ahold of his shoulders.

Bailey glances at Julian, Robbie and Ryan, and nods his head. "Ok, babe, I'll take you, but we can't go too close, ok? Guys stay here please, I don't need us all to get in trouble." He pleads with the others. They quickly nod their heads. "Let's go, darling, we'll go see Sam," Bailey says in a calming voice in my ear, and then he starts pushing us up the hill around the side of the house.

The closer we get to Sam and Nathaniel, the more anxious and worried I get about Sam's and Nathaniel's health. Are they really ok? I can hear Bailey trying to calm me down, but I just can't seem to breathe properly. I need to see Sam and Nathaniel to make sure they are ok.

Making it up the slight incline back towards the house and around the side of the house. Bailey tries to stay as far away from the house as possible, so we would be ok if anything were to happen. Finally, we make it to the front of the house and what stands before us is incredibly scary. In front of the house, there is one fire truck, two ambulances and two police cars, but what makes my breath stutter is that both Nathaniel and Sam are being laid on stretchers. "Shit," mumbles Bailey from behind me. I can hear his fingers clench around the handles of the wheelchair.