Chapter 4 - Meeting the Family

Mhm, this bed is really warm. I nuzzle deeper into the warmth, attempting to soak up as much as I possibly can. That is until the up and down motions finally register in my head. I'm on someone's chest! Anxiety begins to swell as I try to wiggle out from the position but cant because whoever I'm laying on has secured me to them by their anaconda-like arms; they won't let me go!

Breathing heavily with anxiety rippling through me, I continuously wiggle for what feels like hours. Still, I know it's only been a couple of minutes. The person finally wakes up to my wiggling and whimpering.

"Good morning, beautiful," the person says in a croaky morning voice. Why does that voice seem so familiar? Finally, memories come back from last night. Its Baileys chest Im on. With a stuttering breath and a fierce blush on my face, I bury my face in his chest and whisper, good morning back.

Although anxiety still flows through me because of being so close to someone, Baileys continuous strokes down my back relax me somehow. "As much as I would love to spend all day cuddling your adorable self, we have to get up and go have breakfast, or Natty might send up someone to get us," I grumbled in annoyance because it's so warm compared to back at home or what used to be home.

However, the fear that someone will open the door, a stranger will open the door makes me shudder, and I quickly attempt to sit up. However, since I don't have feelings in my legs to balance me, I over-tilt and almost fall off the bed.

"Whoa, whoa, there sleepy. Calm down; no one is coming, darling. Just breathe. No one is going to hurt you." Bailey rushes to catch me right before I fall off. Pulling me back, he rests me against his chest and cradles my body. Once you calm down, we can go. I'd rather you not fall into a panic attack.

After the panic settles and we rest for a bit longer, Bailey hops off the bed and brings the wheelchair over to the bed.

Slowly I lean towards Bailey with my arms open, like a child who wants to be picked up and cradled. God, I'm such a dumb childish person. Bailey just grins and gently tugs me into his arms, and places me into the wheelchair. "There you go, your highness," Bailey says in a terrible British accent while bowing.

Giggling, I stutter out a thank you. I don't know why I feel so comfortable with him; maybe it is because he hasn't done anything to me yet? I mean, he had tons of time to do something.

Just as Bailey begins to move the wheelchair towards the door, a knock sounds through the room. Grasping the arms of the chair, I lean back into the wheelchair towards Bailey, scared of who may be at the door. "Yeah? Who is there?" Bailey asks, sounding annoyed. "It's Robbie. I was told to come to fetch you guys. How is Kai?" a muffled voice claims from behind the door.

Letting out a grumble, Bailey leans down closer to my ear and jokingly mumbles, "Wow, you haven't even met them, and they already want to know you." At first, thinking he was serious, so I turn around to apologize only to see a bright smile on his face. Giggling, I let out a sorry, but all Bailey does is puffs out air.

"He is doing good, although I'm feeling kind of left out, Roobie," Bailey calls to the door. I faintly hear a suck it up before Bailey rolls us to the door and opens it, revealing an incredibly handsome guy. He has gorgeous flowy ginger hair and so many adorable freckles all over his face.

"Well, hello to the man of the hour! Aren't you just adorable? I was told to come wake you and bubble bum over there up. Oh, and my name is Robert or Rob or Robbie or whatever your adorable self wants to call me," he introduces, kneeling down on one knee to reach my height in the wheelchair, although I can already tell you I'm shorter than him.

"H-Hi Robwe- I mean Robbie," comes my stuttery voice; blush coats my face in embarrassment at miscalling him. "Awwww, adorable! Call me Robwe; it's so cute!" I didn't think my face could get any hotter than it already was, but I was mistaken so, I quickly covered my face with my hands, whimpering in embarrassment.