Chapter 6 - The Talk and The Scare

After my admission to Nathaniel, he left to his home office with the promises of returning; I was left alone with the boys. Since his departure, silence had taken over the room, with everyone either looking around or whispering to one another. "Ok, I've had enough; this silence is annoying. Kai, what is your favourite colour? When you are feeling better, we can paint your room upstairs." Ryan asks.

"U-Uh, I like t-the colour l-l-light blue," I stutter out, wringing my fingers for being put on the spot. "Heck ya!" Screeches the six-foot-tall man, Sam leans over the coffee table, "That's my favourite colour too! My room is that colour, and I know for sure that we have another can of paint to do your room when ready!" I've never seen anyone so excited before.

Laughing fondly at Sam's excitement, Ryan reaches over to Sam and tugs him into his lap. "Calm down, Cow Boy, let Kai-Bear breath," Ryan chuckles, wrangling Sam on the couch. Blushing from the nickname, and just as I go to speak, I am interrupted by Nathaniel walking in with my wheelchair, "As much as I hate to break up this meeting of sorts, Kai needs to come with me. We have some things we need to talk about." Nathaniel states as he walks closer to the group.

In response to Nathaniel's request, all of the boys groan in annoyance and start complaining. "Now, now boys, he'll be back. Just give us an hour or two, and we'll be back." With one hundred percent reluctance, they all groan a fine or whatever, and each one of them gives me a quick peck on my cheek, finishing with Sam, who picks me up from Robbie's lap and sets me down in the wheelchair.

Overwhelmed by the affection from the others, my face goes thermonuclear. "We'll see you in a little bit, baby boy. When you're done, we can all go outside and relax, ok?" Sam says as he crouches down in front of me with his hands gently holding each of my thighs to steady himself. Blushing harder, I quickly nod with a small smile on my face. Should I be nervous? Is Nathaniel going to send me back? Attempting to hide my worry about what Nathaniel wants to talk about, I look away. Sammy smiles and stands up, and before we leave, he places a kiss on my forehead.

When we finally leave, Nathaniel begins our stroll down the oddly long hallway to his office. "Um N-Na-Nathaniel, w-why are the b-b-boys so.. so loving?" I ask Nathaniel attempting to turn around to look at him so I don't look rude.

"Stay still, little one; I don't want you to fall out of the wheelchair. Regarding the boys and their closeness, they all came from homes that didn't hold love anymore. Here they can be loved and love without pain. The boys and I are very open with one another now. Hopefully, you'll come to understand and join us soon." Nathaniel explains to me as he pushes open his office door.

Closing the door behind him, he rolls me closer to his desk. He walks around the big brown desk with a pet to my head and takes a seat in a very comfortable and fluffy-looking chair. Reaching into some drawers, he pulls out a folder along with papers and a pen. I take this chance to look around the room and see whats in here. Theres a nice cozy small fireplace to the right of me with many pictures of the boys hanging around it.

Actually, each wall has pictures of the boys, some of them when they were younger, like Sammy. I wonder how long Sammy has been here.

Pretty flowers dangle from small shelves on the walls, bookshelves that go from floor to ceiling are behind Nathaniel stack full of books from famous authors. "Ok, my little one, do wanna start?" Nathaniel's voice breaches the quiet surrounding us. I nod my head in consent.

"I know that talking about your father might be a touchy subject, and you may not want anything to happen to him. But some things need to happen, ok little one?."

"Y-Y-Yes, I understand," I stuttered out. "Good boy."

Blush quickly swallowed my face, but I let out a tiny grin at Nathaniel, and he returned one to me. "Don't faint on me now, precious he chuckled out and then cleared his throat. "Let's begin, shall we? I apologize if I make you uncomfortable little one, with this talk, but it needs to be done. I was called 25 minutes after the incident. However, I was given rather vague information about the incident from the officers, so I have no set-in-stone information about anything that may be affecting you mentally. While I do know some effects and do not know all the effects. Now my question is, would you be willing to tell me a little bit about how it was at home living with your father before your mother passed and after."

"W-Well when m-mama was still h-here, father w-w-wasnt bad. He was r-r-really good! He used t-t-to take us f-f-for ice cream and c-c-come to sch-school things, h-h-he couldn't-w-wouldn't hurt a-a fly. But w-when mama d-died, it was l-l-like old papa d-died too. He b-b-became this angry m-man, w-who blamed me f-for all his m-misfor-fortune. Papa t-took up d-drinking and and then h-h-he became ab-abusive to me. The n-night you w-were called was t-t-the worst i-its ever gotten I-I-I was late m-m-making supper because of school and-and h-h-he took his a-a-anger out on me." I stuttered through my hiccups and gulps of breath. Halfway through, I started crying because I realized how much my papa has changed. He even stopped me from calling him papa.

It was then that the dam broke, and I spluttered out noises as I cried hard. Nathaniel quickly got up from his comfy chair and quickly walked towards me, and cradled my head in his hands. "It's okay, my love, you're safe, remember? He isn't here, and he can''t hurt you anymore. You are safe here, little one. I know this is very stressing and it's hurting you to bring up all this stuff. I hate making you talk, but I need to know this stuff to help you in the best way I can. So if you want, little one, we can continue on, and if you want, we can cuddle in my chair so that you have someone to keep you grounded. Or we can stop and wait for another time to do this. Whatever you want, my love."

Exhausted from my outburst, my anxiety doesn't even flare up when I agree to the cuddles. "I'd l-l-like to cuddle a-and talk some more.." I whisper brokenly and nuzzle into his hands while I hiccup harshly. Nathaniel smiles and nods at me, I attempt to smile back, but it must come out as something funny because Nathaniel snorts and nuzzles his nose against mine.

Letting go of my face, Nathaniel lifts me by my armpits and quickly scoops his arm under me to hold my bum and legs. This leaves me to cuddle into his neck and rest my head on his shoulder. Just as Nathaniel sits down in his comfy chair and goes to situate himself and me into a comfortable spot, his office door slams open.

"Nat, Little K, I'm sorry for intruding, but we have a problem!" Julian breaths out heavily. Nathaniel quickly stands up with me still in his arms, "Julian, what is it? What's wrong?" Nathaniel questions warily and speedily walks over to Julian.

"The stoves on fire and Slammys hurt!"

Sorry its been so long since I updated last, I do hope to update more. Its kind of hard to update when you forget about it because youve never written a story before, sorry! Anyways, next chapter will be up soon!!!