Chapter 5 - Flashback Feelings

Breakfast was incredibly delicious and entertaining. Father never let me eat, and when he did, it wasn't very much. So when introductions were done, and we were able to eat, I dived in. Now, as gross as that may sound, I didn't dive in as if I was a caveman; it was more along the lines of how many spoonfuls can I fit in my mouth without looking disgusting.

I was pretty much halfway through my plate when Robbie looked at me to say something when I froze with the spoon halfway to my mouth that was puffed out like a chipmunk. We went completely silent and stared at one another until blush enveloped my face, and Robbie broke out in a guffaw and laughed extremely loud.

Everyone stopped what they were doing to look over at us. Noticing what was happening, everyone begin snorting and laughing; I even heard a couple giggles here and there. "Holy shit, you're adorable." I heard Ryan say as he leans across the table. "You look like little Alvin from the Chipmunks with your cute fluffy cheeks filled with food. I wonder if your ass-" a hand quickly covers his mouth before he continues.

Curious about what he was going to say, I tilt my head slightly at Sam, who was the one to cover his mouth. "Ignore him, baby boy. Ryan is just dirty. But he is correct in saying that you're adorable. However, you don't have to eat so fast; no one is going to take your food away," Sam says while rubbing the back of Ryan's head and smiling gently at me. Blushing, I nod and smile at Sam and Ryan and quickly swallow what food I have in my mouth.

After breakfast, Robwe wheeled me to the living room, where we all sat down. Instead of leaving me in the wheelchair, Robbie comes in front of me with a devious look and smiles at me. Before I can open my mouth to ask what he was doing, he lifts me up and flops back on the couch with me on his lap.

Squeaking at the sudden action, Robbies arms envelop my waist as he rests his chin on my shoulder. "Robbie! Be more careful with little K. You could have hurt him," Julian cries out as he rushes over to check on us; his foot hooks on the carpet, and he falls face-first beside us. On Bailey's lap.

"Jesusssss, Jule, I know you like us all to be ready, but you don't have to be so aggressive." Bailey groans out as he rolls sideways and holds on to his private area.

Julian's face alights in a harsh flush, "Sorry, Bails, I didn't mean to and stop being so naughty. I was trying to check up on little K and Rob the Brute, don't ruin our little K's innocent." Julian says as he slaps Bailey's leg and turns towards Robbie and me.

He grabs my hands and gently pulls me towards him, and without my legs to keep me upright, I fall forward into him, giggling. He lifts me up and pushes me away a little. "Sorry little K, you good?" I nod in confirmation and giggle at him.

As much as it frightens me to be held by all of these boys, they all make me feel like I am home and safe. "That's good. You sound absolutely adorable." "Hey, Julian, don't hog him! We all wanna see him too!" yelled someone, and then all of a sudden, Julian's hand let go of me. Robbie wraps his arms around my waist, and Julian is on the ground with Sam on top of him.

Not understanding what just happened, I'm suddenly swept away by my anxiety.

After the accident that took mom and left a broken family, my father became a drunk, and I became the worker. I was in a hurry to make dinner one night because I was late coming home due to a teacher asking me for help on something. Father demanded that dinner be set on the table the minute he walked in the door, but tonight I was a little late.

Hearing his car pull into the driveway made my heart stutter and beat faster than normal. Rushing to place everything on the table before he came in was impossible, which meant he walked in expecting a hot plate of steaming, but in this case, he didn't. That's when I heard him curse me out and his loud footsteps coming closer to me.

"G-G-Good evening, f-f-father. I-I-I was just about t-t-to place the f-food on the table." I stutter out in fear. "What have I told you before, you stupid little bitch? The fucking food is supposed to be on the table as soon as I walk in the fucking door," comes the rumbling voice of the drunken man walking through the kitchen doorway.

Before I could even open my mouth to speak, my head was violently slapped to the right. Pain exploding on the left side of my face. "You have until I come back downstairs to have my supper ready and on my table. No supper for you as punishment, you dumb fucking bitch!" With that, he heads upstairs grunting, swearing and stumbling.

I turn around and swiftly run back into the kitchen to gather all the things that need to be placed on the table. As I'm picking up father's plate and cutlery, I can feel a liquid running down my cheek. Crap, his rings scratched my face! Ignoring the feeling, I set the table how father likes it to be set and run back into the kitchen just as the shower cuts off.

Quickly walking to the counter, I rip a piece of paper towel off the towel rack and gently wipe the blood off my cheek and neck. Wincing in pain every time I put too much pressure on my cheek where I know a bruise is starting to form. After throwing the bloody piece of paper towel in the garbage, I get to cleaning all of the things I used to make supper.

While washing the dishes and continuously wiping blood from my face, I failed to hear a chair being forcefully scraped across the floor and the thumping of footsteps coming closer. Although what I didn't miss was a plate full of food being thrown and shattering on the wall beside me. Squeaking out in fear, I spin around to come face to chest with my father.

"F-Father w-w-what's wrong?" I stutter out in fear and quickly move around him. Before I could go any farther, father grasp my arm in a firm, tight grip and spins me back towards him. "W-W-What's w-w-wrong. Let me tell you what's wrong, first I come home, and supper isn't even on the table, then when I finally get to eat supper, it is ice-fucking-cold. And you want to know what will make me feel better? Teaching you a fucking lesson!" he spits in my face, and with speed I've only seen in movies, his hands wrap around my throat and slams me onto the floor.

Whimpering out in pain, I grab his wrists and try to squirm out of his grasp, but with being as weak and small as I am, I can't move away. Slowly my kicks become weaker, and my hold on his wrist becomes weaker. All of this happens as father laughs and tells me I deserve this; maybe I do. Black dots fill my vision-

"KAI!"

"Kai, baby boy."

"Wake up, little one."

"Come back to us, Kai-bear."

"KAI!"

Gasping, I open my eyes and quickly shoot my hands out to protect my head as Nathaniel quickly moves his head just in time so I don't hit him. "Kai, what's wrong? What happened?" asks Nathaniel in a tone filled with concern. All I do is stick out my arms in need of someone to hold me. Nathaniel leans in and picks me up from Robwe's lap, using one of his arms to keep my bum close to him.

It was only then that it sunk in that I was finally free from my father and his drunken wrath. The flood of relief and my thankfulness towards these people swallowed me whole. They saved me from a life of abuse, hatred and coldness and gave me love, kindness and warmth.

When I was younger, after mom died, I always thought that I would be alone and used by my father. That I would be forever stuck being abused, maltreated and malnourished by him, only to have these men come into my life and hopefully, with more time, I'll be able to be as I was before mom passed away. Maybe I'll be able to live happily and free with these guys.

"Thank you," I whisper without stuttering in Nathaniel's neck. He must have been shocked because stops rocking us for a second and then continuing. "Why are you thanking me, little one?" he asks quietly into my ear. I nuzzle closer to his neck and say, "T-Thank you f-f-for fr-freeing m-me from m-m-my father, I d-don't underst-stand but I-I feel safer w-w-with you guys."

Using his shoulder to move me so that he could see my face, he smiled nice and big at me and leaned in to give me a nice big smooch on my cheek. "My love, that makes me so incredibly happy to hear. You are safe and free here. We will always protect you and each other." With that, he gently sets me back down in Robwe's lap and once again gives me a light kiss on my cheek and then on Robwe's cheek as well.

As Nathaniel tells the boys what I said, all I can think about is how my feelings for the guys have changed so much. I was so scared to meet these guys, thinking that they would be precisely like father, but they aren't, and hopefully, they will never be.