Chapter 7: Ten Four Big Belly!

CC's POV

*[I was woken from my sleep by a phone ringing... Why wasn't anyone answering it? I grumbled, and slid out of bed and shuffled in to the kitchen to answer it.]*

I hung up the phone and looked at the clock. It was One o'clock in the afternoon. Ashley and Kris didn't make it to the appointment for her ultrasound, so I figured they must have slept through their alarm. I bounded up the stairs and burst in to their room.

"Guys!" I yelled as I threw open the curtains. A dumbfounded Ashley sat bolt upright in bed, his hair a complete rats nest. He looked as if he had stuck his finger in an electric socket. "Wha-what's going on?" he mumbled groggily. "You guy's are late for the appointment to see the Munchkins!" I replied, placing my hands on my hips. With this news, Ashley all but threw himself out of bed as Krissy was rubbing her eyes and stretching. "Shit! Shit! Shit!" was all Ashley could mutter as he was hopping on one leg trying to put his jeans on. "What's wrong?". I looked over at Krissy. "Your late for your appointment." I replied. He jaw dropped, and she flung the blankets off of her. I had only seen her yesterday, but it seemed like her belly had grown immensely over night. It definitely wasn't hard to tell she was expecting twins... She was only around four months and she was the same size as someone carrying only one child at six to seven months. I walked over and offered my had. She obliged, and I helped pull her off the bed. She walked - more so waddled, over to her closet and grabbed a pair of pants. I quickly turned around shielded my eyes.

After about five minutes of listening to her struggle and mutter curse words under her breath, she finally gave me the 'okay' to turn around. She has thrown a plain black hoodie over her head, and was wearing grey yoga shorts. She was stuffing her hair into a pony tail and kicking through her countless pairs of shoes. She finally settled on a pair of black flip flops.

"Want me to drive you guys?" I asked as I headed for the door. "That would be great. Why don't we see if everyone else wants to come too? We may be able to find out the sex of the Munchkin's today and it would mean a lot to us if everyone were there..." I nodded to Ashley, and headed to gather everyone.

Ashley's POV

*[In the heat of the moment last night, we had both forgotten to set our alarm. Today was the big day, we had the appointment made to see if we could see what our Munchkins were. Oh how I hoped and prayed that we would have both a boy and a girl... As I pondered my thoughts, Krissy hustled around getting ready. She had disappeared, no doubt in the bathroom getting ready - or puking her guts up... I quickly pulled myself out of my thoughts and ran out of the room and to the bathroom. All the while I could hear her heaving and retching.]*

I kneeled on the floor beside her and rubbed her back. I hated seeing her like this, hopefully the morning sickness would subside soon. As she finished, I reached over and flushed the toilet as I always did, allowing her to catch her breath. I stood, and slipped my arms around her and pulled her with me. She gave me a half hearted smile and went to brush her teeth.

"Would you like a glass of water or something Baby girl?" I asked while leaning on the door frame watching her. She spit her tooth paste out before responding. "Yes, and an apple please." she replied. I nodded, and continued to watch her for a minute. There she was, the love of my life... Pregnant with our babies. In that moment, I felt like I had fallen in love all over again. My heart ached with the amount of love I had for her. She seen me staring at her, and she put her hands on her hips and smiled up at me. "Why are you looking at me like that Ashley Abrocket Purdy?". I chuckled, and shook my head. "I just really love you, that's all." I replied as I turned and went to grab a bottle of water and an apple for her to consume in the car on the way to the doctors appointment.