002

Taeyongs POV

A week ago

"S-sir!!" A child around 9 or 10 screams the across the street. I pause and sigh. My body turns around and I face the little boy. "Yes?" I reply uninterested, leaning my body down to their small figure. "Um..you seemed to have dropped your wallet.." The little boy says timidly.

I cant help but feel my lips curve and create a smile facing the timid boy.

"Ahh..Is that so?" I say taking the wallet softly. "Thank you" The boy smiles and nods his head scratching his neck. "No problem! I just-uh..I j-just didn't want the bad guys to steal your wallet!" The boy stutters and I smile kneeling down to his level.

The little boy looks up and smiles. "Bad guys? Don't worry I can take them all down" I say while rubbing his head. My heart aches a little and the boy looks at me confused "Are you sure?? The Kkai gang is really scary!! they even have tattoos and uh..and um..they beat people up!" My smile slowly fades and I shake my head.

I take a good look at my wallet and take out the 15 dollars folded neatly at the side and give it to the little boy "I'm sure that they aren't all that bad" The boys expression stayed neutral and pushed my hand "I can't take your money!" I chuckle and push my hand forward "Its a reward for being nice and picking up my wallet" The little boy still shakes his head in disapproval of accepting the money.

"My big sister told me that being nice doesn't need a reward" The boy smiles sweetly and takes out a note "If you want to repay you can pay us a visit! We own a store!" The boy hands me the paper and walks off into the dark allays. I shake my head, what's a kid like that doing in this part of town?

My smile drops and I get up. Walking around the block searching for the keys to AC apartment. My head leans back and I sigh. Why couldn't people be as bright as the little boy? Maybe its the world punishing us, or maybe its our punishment? either way. It doesn't matter cause questioning it wouldn't help now.