8

*SMUT WARNING*

One year. One year was all I had with him. Just one year. Three-hundred and sixty-five days. Twelve months... and all that was assuming that Dark kept his word and gave us the whole time. I strained my ears to listen for Wilford, or Google. Neither of them could be heard. I looked at Mark. Not a scratch on him. Not a single mark on his face. He tested his body, pressing his ribs, looking up at me when he felt no pain. 

"I... I'm okay," he whispered. "Dark undid everything." He stood shakily. "I... I feel... great...!"

"You look great..." I moved to him and inspected his face, running my fingers through his hair too to see if the old cuts had gone. They had. He was as perfect as he had been before this mess. 

"Y/N... I... one year... I'm so sorry, I -" 

"Shh," I whispered, taking his hand. I couldn't hate him, not when I didn't know the full story. My parents had raised me well - not to judge until I had all the facts and had an informed opinion. "There's time for that later. We have to figure out how we're going to get home, firstly. We've no idea where we are." 

"True..." we stood in silence for a second. Neither of us wanted to leave. Of course, we wanted to get out of there pretty badly; what I should say is, neither of us wanted to take the risk that Dark was calling our bluff and would come back and kill us both for good measure. I sure as hell didn't want to risk it. In one year, a lot could change and probably would change. 

"If we leave, and he kills us, then... then I want you to know," I began, turning to him. "I love you. Which is weird, because all I know of you is what you've put online." 

"Y/N, you nearly died for me," Mark said softly. He took my hands and kissed them, holding me. His gaze bore into mine, and I felt the same pull I'd felt with Wilford, only this one was much slower-burning and felt a little deeper. "No-one's ever done that for me before." 

"I... I would, most probably," I murmured, smiling as he started to sway with me. He kissed my forehead. 

"Why don't we go and finish getting that lunch?" he said softly, his eyes gleaming. I nodded. "And this time, we'll call it a date?" I nodded again, grinning. "Come on, then. Let's go." He took hold of my hand again and led me from the room. Both of us were fairly resigned to the fact that we could very well die, but I guess when you've a fifty-fifty chance, you take it. The way I saw it, I'd die with Mark by my side anyway. And I'd be dead, so I wouldn't care. 

We reached the front door, and Mark saw his wallet and keys to his Tesla sitting there. He picked both of them up and checked his wallet, smiling. Then, we left the house, my heart hammering in my chest. Neither of us said a word as we climbed into his car. It didn't occur to me that I was still naked under the robe Wilford gave to me... I sat there and looked down, and then it hit me. 

"Mark, I'm naked under Wilford's robe." Mark turned on the engine and looked at me. 

"Well," he said softly, smiling. "Is that so much of a problem?" His smirk was playful, and I hit his arm lightly. 

"It is if we're going to go into public!" I cried, grinning. "Maybe later, it might not be so much of a problem..." I blushed lightly, chuckling when he did the same. "Are you blushing, Markiplier?" 

"I guess I am," he smirked, scratching the back of his head. "Right... let's see where we are..." he pulled out his phone - fully charged, of course - and opened up Maps, ignoring the 100+ message notifications he had on iMessage. My own mind flickered to the stuff I'd left behind, too. 

"How long have we been gone for?" I asked softly. 

"Er..." Mark swiped down and revealed the date and time. Two days. I'd been gone for two days.