17

"How could I EVER have loved you?" Y/N said softly, stroking his cheek. Mark let out a soft whimper, bracing himself for another blow. Google stood behind him. William, a slightly older toddler, stood in the corner of the room, gaunt-looking and thin. Underfed. Underloved. Abused...? Y/N wouldn't do that, surely. 

"He did not reply, Y/N."

"No, he didn't," Y/N murmured. Google drew back his fist and hit Mark squarely on the side of his head. "Anything to say, Markimoo? Or shall we change our tactics?" 

"I suggest using another method, darling." Google's cold, calculated tone sent shivers down Mark's spine despite his aching face. A secondary Google - if Mark could call it that - in a red shirt stepped forward out of the shadows and brought William forward, standing him close to Mark's chair. 

"W-William," Mark whispered, the metallic tang of blood hitting his tongue. "William... s-son..." 

"You let me down, daddy," William said quietly, looking at Mark through his eyelashes. He hit his face into Red Google's trousers. This Google didn't speak. "You let me down... I needed you and you didn't do enough for me." His speech was oddly perfect for such a young child, but the words hit Mark in the chest like knives. "I needed you and you left us." 

"I d-didn't leave," Mark said. 

"You ch-chose YouTube over me!" William began to cry. "Games! Fans! Over me!" 

"Hush now, darling," Y/N said, picking him up. "We know who daddy really is, don't we? Smart daddy, daddy who knows every single fact there is to know..." Y/N looked up as Google stepped beside her and kissed her fully. Red Google took William and held him. "Intelligence is such a turn on, Mark... how could you ever have competed, hmm?"

"Y/N, please..." Mark whispered. "I... I d-didn't leave - I love you - I love William -" the pain in his chest grew tighter and tighter, and when Mark looked down, his chest was bleeding. 

"All the people you've hurt, Mark... you're a murderer... a killer... Wilford is proof of that..." Y/N turned and kissed Google again. Mark felt his life drain from him. 

"P-please," he whispered. "Please..."

"Hush now, lad, it'll be alright..." a familiar voice, oddly soothing... Mark looked up and was met with the warm brown eyes belonging to Wilford. "Just one more, and it'll all be over..." he pushed a final knife into Mark's chest, right into his heart. "Go quietly..." Wilford smiled at him, and it was the last thing he saw. 

**

"Good morning, Sunok," I grinned, walking into the kitchen. It had been a good morning indeed; I'd woken around 5am, fed William, bathed him, changed him, put him back down for a sleep, showered quickly, washed my hair, and even managed to apply a bit of moisturiser. Mark had had a rough night's sleep, I guessed, because he wasn't in bed when I woke up, and the bathroom was a bit of a mess. I assumed he'd caught the bug that had been going around, and had gone to sleep in Thomas' old room. 

"Good morning, Y/N," Sunok beamed, turning. "You want breakfast now? I make something good for you?" 

"That would be really lovely," I grinned, presenting her grandson to her. She gave his head a kiss and cooed over him for a second. 

"He is beautiful, more and more every day." She gave me a kiss too, and then demanded I sit down. I cradled William a little while longer before I put him in the little basket we moved from room to room for him. It usually began and ended the day in the kitchen, which was easy for all of us. 

"Have you seen Mark this morning?" I asked, taking a sip of my linden tea. 

"No," Sunok said, turning with a plate of eggs on toast in her hand. She placed it in front of me. "He was not with you this morning?"