chapter three: Darkness

Johnny was walking down the silent hallway, "it's quiet today." he said. Then he heard footsteps "whos there?" no reply, the footsteps got closer until they stopped right behind johnny. He tried to turn around but the figure grabbed johnny, opened the window and jumped out. A few hours later, "hey dad, have you seen johnny lately?" asked Mavis "no i haven't." Drac said back. "Is johnny missing?" Ericka asked, peeking around the corner. "I can't find him." Mavis said. "The window is open." said Drac (back to johnny) "who are you?" asked johnny."don't talk to me." groweld the strange person, he dropped johnny on the ground. " are we done?" johnny asked."no." said the stranger, shooting a blow dart into johnny's neck."nighty-night." laughed the stranger as johnny fell limp. (back to the others) ""he couldn't have gotten far." said Mavis, looking up a tree."you sure about that?" said Ericka, looking confused."i hope so." Mavis responded." (back to johnny) johnny opened his eyes to a dark cave, "were am i?" johnny asked to the empty air. "your in a cave, what does it look like?" said the strange voice."so, can you answer my question from earlier?" johnny said ''my name is blade'' said Blade opening his eyes to reveal they were emerald green. "Why did you kidnap me again?" questioned johnny ''you are going to help me.'' said blade ''but i dont-'' johnny abruptly cut of in the middle of his sentence, and his head drooped. Blades eye were no longer green but pulsed two different shades of red and said '' you will do anything i say and anything i want.'' blades eyes went back to normal and johnny lifted his head, his irises were not brown but now red. He said,'' your wish is my command.'' (back to the others) the others were searching hopelessly for johnny, "johnny!!!" they yelled, but no answer."it's no use, we are never going to find him." said Drac "wait, did something just move?" said Mavis "i did." said Johnny stepping out from behind a tree. "Oh NOW he shows up." said Ericka, crossing her arms. "Well, i kind of got lost, while um.. Running." said Johnny "you run?" said Mavis "and why are your eyes red?" "i get itchy eyes when running." explained Johnny "ok." Mavis said "but, while i was running i found this super cool looking place i'll show it to you." said Johnny grabbing her hand and sprinting off "lets go guys!" said Mavis running off with Johnny. They shrugged and  followed. A few minutes later they arrived at the mouth of the cave."come on in." said johnny, disappearing into the darkness along with Mavis. "I have a really bad feeling about this." said Ericka standing close to Drac, they hesitated but eventually walked into the unforgiving gloom of the cave. They walked in darkness for a little while. "Are my eyes open or closed?" Ericka asked Drac. "umm, open?" Drac responded. Up ahead, all they heard was a small gasp, and a thunk. "Mavis? Mavis was that you?" Drac called. Mavis didn't answer. Then some moon light filtered through the roof of the cave, to show that johnny had Mavis's hands behind her back and she was on her knees."johnny,what are you doing!" Drac cried out."only what my master wants me to." johnny hissed,"master?" Drac echoed, cocking his head to the side. " me." snarled blade appearing from the shadows."blade." Drac snapped. "So you can recognize your old enemies now can't you." blade teased"rrrrgh." Drac growled, posed to strike. Then he whispered into Ericka's ear, "go help Mavis." and began to attack blade. Ericka snuck up behind Johnny and temporarily knocked him to the floor. "Thanks." said Mavis, standing up."don't mention it." Ericka replied "do you think you can get johnny to chase us?" Ericka asked Mavis"i have a plan.'' "i think so." Mavis acknowledged, walking to the mouth of the cave." HEY JOHNNY COME AND GET ME!!!!" Mavis shrieked running out of the cave, Ericka following."DON'T LET THEM GET AWAY!!!" roared blade, wrestling with Drac. they raced out of the cave johnny right behind them,"ok so what's your great plan." Mavis asked."i'm going to trap him." Ericka response."could you distract him while i make the trap?" Mavis nodded and veered right, johnny still following her. Mavis could see Ericka's white shape flashing through the trees, heading left and she disappeared. Johnny eventually caught up with Mavis, when she heard a voice over head."mavis lookout!!"mavis sprang out of the way as a small cage fell over johnny. Ericka dropped out of the trees onto the ground."how did you.." mavis stammered."dont ask." said Ericka, warningly. Without warning johnny stopped moving and his eyes were shifting colors, back to brown. He shook his head,"what happened?" he moaned "blade." the girls sighed running back to the cave. When they got back to the cave, Drac walked out but blade did not."where is blade?" asked Mavis. "He vanished." "do you think he teleported?" questioned Mavis "probably." Drac replied "now the only thing that matters is that we are here together, and let's go get johnny." mavis said. When they returned to the hotel, Ericka went to go check on Diavolo. When she opened the door, he was not sleeping he was sitting up like he had just had a nightmare."are you ok?" she asked WHAT DID I MISS she heard him squeal in her head. "You did not miss anything." she soothed BUT I HAD A VISION OF JOHNNY GOING HAYWIRE she heard him shriek in her head."trust me you didn't miss anything." she said winking..