chapter 10 : infected

"N-no, that can't happen." Drac said desperately."anything can happen." Ericka said, her voice breaking. She gave him Diavolo and started to walk away. Drac looked heartbroken. She stopped and turned around, it turned out that she was crying. She ran back to him and looked him in the eyes. Nobody made a sound. "i love you." she whispered, kissing Drac on the lips. Then she fled into the forest. Surge was still standing there. Drac eyes him uneasily and walked away. Later it started to rain, Drac was sitting under a tree with Mavis. His eyes were shadowed with sadness. They heard a crack come from the forest. They stood up and looked in the direction of the sound. Ericka walked out from the trees. Mavis and Drac squinted at her. "something isn't right." Mavis said. Ericka heard them and snapped her head around to show stunning turquoise eyes. "I think we should run." Drac whispered. Mavis nodded in agreement. They got up and raced away. After they ran for awhile Mavis asked. "Do you think we lost her?" Drac shrugged. Then they saw Surge walking closer to them. They ducked behind a tree as he walked past. "We need to hide." Drac said. "But were?" Mavis replied."there." he said, pointing at a small cave. They walked in. "You have GOT to be kidding me." Drac complained. In Front of them, there were five different tunnels going in different directions. "It's like a maze." Mavis said. "What way do we go?" Drac asked that way Diavolo said in their heads, looking at the tunnel farthest to the right. "Are you sure?" Drac questioned. Diavolo nodded. They walked down the tunnel until they came upon two more tunnels. Right! Straight! Another right! Left! Your other left! Diavolo was shouting directions in their heads. After about twenty minutes they were standing in the dark, clueless about where they were. Then Drac said, "i think we are...... lost."