XIII

XIII
Saving Grace
~~~

WARNING: MATURE CONTENT AHEAD

"Ack!" He immediately covers his mouth as he winces from the pain. He cut his hand on the the extremely abrasive rope and now he's bleeding. "Damn it!" He whispers.

C'mon, Gar. Work through it. Bloodloss be damned.

He continues to tie knots into the rope, now with bloody hands, letting the blood soak into the fibers.

He sneezes then has a coughing fit. His lungs burn, his throat aches, his head hurts, and his body crumples onto the floor.

He's exhausted. Now that he's lying in the ground he can hardly move. The bandages wrapped around his arms have started to peel off from the amount of sweat he's producing. The room isn't hot. He hasn't done much work.

I can't do this anymore...God...

I have to get out of here.

After a little more work, a barely conscious Gar gets up from his seat on the floor and takes the bloodied rope with him.

It all happens so fast. The window opens, and he's gone.

~~~

Raven wakes up, tear tracks on her cheeks. She's completely disoriented, but soon gets her bearings. Her brain doesn't even want to consciously think in fear of making herself upset.

After school I'm giving Ike a piece of my mind. She growls.

She quickly gets herself into the bathroom to shower as if water will wash away all her problems.

Unfortunately for Raven, it's just the opposite. The shower makes you think more. But she already knows that.

The words "I don't understand" repeat to her like a broken record.

"Why? Why? Why?" replicates itself over and over.

Why would he leave her on purpose?

Her salty tears mix with the shower water raining onto her face and she begins to cry like she did last night while trying to hide it from Kai. It didn't work and he saw her, got immediately worried, and Raven lashed out at him.

"Leave me alone!" She exclaimed. "I don't need you!" That was the loudest she had spoken to him and that is what she said.

"Alright..." He had said simply. His dour voice broke her heart, hurting her just as much as she may have hurt him. Guilt had overwhelmed her. But she was so overtaken by emotions that she couldn't even think straight enough to find the words to apologize.

She thought about texting him, but she could hardly even bring herself to pick up the phone to do it. She was too embarrassed to.

She really wishes it were Saturday and not Friday. She wouldn't have to confront anyone if it were tomorrow. She could just stay in bed and wallow in her own pain and anger.

She gets out of the shower and stares at herself in the mirror. After coming to the decision that she's bringing the transcript to school to show her friends, she leaves the bathroom to go and change.