Chapter 20

Three days went by, and Jessica grew weaker and weaker. The blood loss was slowly killing her. Susan was keeping her alive by dripping water into her mouth. She begged Jonathan to let her get help, but he refused. He still demanded that Jessica marry him or sign the papers, but she was not coherent enough. A fever soon set in, along with infection from not having her wound treated, and she grew delirious, not knowing reality from fantasy.

Jessica barely felt the boat dock at the island, she felt like she was swimming in a black hole and she couldn't surface from it.

She heard Susan whispering to her that they had docked and if there was any way she was going to try and get help. She didn't know how, but she would. Susan found her hand clasped then.

"Jessy?" Susan whispered.

Jessica opened her eyes, but for a moment.

"Tell Damien that I love him, Susan, that I always did, even though I have been so stubborn, I just want him to know," she whispered weakly.

"Jessy, you are going to tell him that, not me. You are going to live."

"I can't go on Susan. I haven't eaten for days, and the wound has gotten infected, I can feel it. Please, if you get out of here alive, please tell him," she whispered.

"I will," Susan cried.

Jessica shivered. She felt so cold, everything felt so cold.

Jon and Grant walked into the room then.

"Jon, we seriously need to get her help. She's not going to survive another day," Grant pointed out.

"I am not getting her help until she agrees to sign those papers."

"How can she? She hasn't been awake for days," Grant said. "She will probably be dead by dawn, and you know it."

"So be it. I will get that business somehow."

"Do not let her die Jon."

"What do you care? Oh wait, you do care about her, don't you."

"I do, and I never agreed to this."

"Well, too bad, because if she dies, it is on your hands also," Jonathan sneered.

"Damien," Jessica thought, "please find me."

Far away, Damien was arranging for his yacht to take him out to find Jessica. He knew that she was in trouble, and he would hunt for her if it took until his dying day. He knew without a doubt that Jonathan had her. He brought Doc, Paul, and some of his other men to find her. He didn't care if it was the middle of the night. He had a very bad feeling that if he didn't search for Jessica that she wouldn't make it. "Hold on Jessy," he whispered, "I will find you."

Late that night, Grant snuck to Jessica's room, and with Susan's help, they washed and re-bandaged Jessica, but she didn't awaken. Her wound was infected, it was bright red and streaks of infection ran down her shoulder. Susan bathed Jessica's forehead, while Grant tried to drip water onto Jessica's lips.

"Come on Jessy, I never meant for this to happen," he pleaded. "I am so sorry. I hope one day you will forgive me. I had no idea he would do this."

The two spent a long night, watching over Jessica, trying to get her to drink water, but it only dropped from her lips. Her breathing was getting more shallow as she began to slowly fade away.

Damien raced his yacht across the ocean, determined to break all records. He would find Jessica, he had too. Something told him to hurry, and he hoped he wasn't too late. He slept only a little and worried that they were too late. It had been too many days since her ship had left port, and with no communication at all.