Chapter 5: Sensei

"If he doesn't show up in the next five minutes, I want you to kill him Naruto," Sasuke said irritably. Naruto opened up one of his eyes and glanced at the closed door and sighed. 

"I'd rather not think I could kill a Jounin Sasuke," He replied easily. "Besides, I believe I met this one before," They had been waiting for three hours, and Sasuke, surprisingly enough, was the only one showing his irritation towards the whole situation. 

Sakura was just sitting on Iruka's desk, swinging her feet carelessly as she looked out the window. She ignored when Sasuke asked Naruto to consider murdering their new sensei, but she found it amusing somewhat. 

She had lost her crush on the Uchiha a year or two ago, realizing that he wouldn't give her the time of day, or any girl for that matter, and Naruto, who was cute, was no different. 

She got bad vibes about both of them but kept her feelings to herself. Her mother always told her to never judge a book by its cover, but by the pages that made that book, and now that both of the best friends were on the same team with her, she would be able to read those pages soon. 

To say she was nervous was a little bit of an understatement. 

During her thoughts, she didn't notice the small glances Naruto kept giving her every few minutes, the boy trying to look almost everywhere but her. It wasn't that he was attracted to the pink-haired girl, it was just that she seemed familiar, like he had seen her before, but he just couldn't find out where she was from. Perhaps he saw her on the street? Or something like that? He didn't know, but he would find out. The nagging feeling of familiarity was getting annoying. 

Then, the door opened and revealed a man with grey hair that was swept to the side, making it hang lazily in the air. He had dark eyes and a mask covering most of his face. He wore the basic Jounin attire that most Jounin wore except for a select few. 

"Sorry I'm late, I had to help an old lady carry her groceries up a rather large hill." He said, rubbing the back of his head. Naruto rose an eyebrow but didn't question it. 

"I don't know why you would help trash but I don't really care either." He walked up to the Jounin, sizing him up. "But you already know my views on the village, don't ya Dog-san?" Kakashi Hatake nodded. "And do you mind it at all?" 

"As long as you don't kill anybody else, I don't think I'll care." He said simply, but that statement made Sakura's eyes widen. 

"Anybody. . .else?" She whispered just loud enough for everyone in the room to hear, making the whisper irrelevant. Naruto rolled his eyes and glanced back at the girl, his eyes filled without a care in the world, only hatred and rage. 

"Yeah, I killed a few people, well, a lot actually. Well," He glanced at Kakashi. "You've killed people before, what counts as a lot? Is thirteen a lot?" Kakashi looked at his sensei's son with regret and sadness. 

"To a veteran shinobi? No. To a fresh Genin? Yes." Naruto then put his attention back to Sakura. 

"Then yes, a lot. They got in my way and decided that trying to piss off the Jinchuuriki of their village was a good idea. Now they're six feet under." Sakura looked at Naruto with a horrified expression plastered onto her face. 

"Naruto. . ." Kakashi said in a warning tone. Naruto looked at Kakashi. 

"It doesn't matter anymore, practically everyone in the village knows, she might as well too. She has a right as my teammate doesn't she?" Sakura's emerald colored eyes widened as Naruto took off his blue shirt, revealing the normal body of a fit thirteen-year-old.