Chapter 26: Sacrifice

Naruto ducked under an Anbu's sword swipe and punched him in the stomach, causing the Anbu to double over before lightning sparked across Naruto as he suddenly threw out his hands as black flames killed multiple Anbu and civilians alike before he clenched his hands into fists as he jumped into the air and sent lightning down towards another grouped up bunch of ninja and civilians, frying them instantly. 

"Naruto!" Sasuke shouted in anger. "Stop this madness!" Naruto looked at his friend and shook his head. 

"No, I will not." Naruto suddenly ducked as a Chidori from Sakura flew over his head. 

"The old Naruto is dead, Sasuke. We need to let go of our childhood friend and kill this monster," Naruto didn't even flinch, he just met her emerald green eyes before a single hand sign caused a wall to appear in between them as Naruto disappeared in a blue flash, appearing behind her and slamming her head into the wall, disorienting her. 

"Sorry, Sakura-chan," He whispered, turning to Sasuke, the war between a bunch of white humanoid figures and ninja alike surrounding them. 

"She loved you, you know that, right?" Naruto shook his head. 

"No, she loved the old me. The me that would let people I cared about die, I've changed, Sasuke." Naruto brought out his sword, Sasuke doing the same before they charged each other, battling ferociously in kenjutsu, sparks flying around them as they were equally matched. 

"I won't lose to you!" Sasuke roared as his Sharingan shifted into the Mangeykou, shocking Naruto before he had to jump back, a blade of Amaterasu in Sasuke's hand daring to touch him. 

"How do you have those cursed eyes?" Naruto hissed, worry burrowing into his heart. 

"When you left, I gained these eyes," Sasuke spoke before a purple chakra began surrounding him, a large purple chakra humanoid encasing him, a bow in its hand. "Now, let me see the real Naruto!" The chakra arm pulled back as an arrow that was encased in lightning was ready to be shot. Naruto smirked. 

"I see, well then, I guess I'm going to have to use my own then, right?" A grey chakra enveloped Naruto, but this Susanoo was much more developed, standing on its two feet as two wings sprouted from his back, completely covered in armor as a dagger and a chakra rod were in each hand, Naruto standing in the head of Susanoo, being able to see the village clearly. 

Death. 

That's all he saw. 

Death. 

This was Kakashi's village, wasn't it? His father's and mother's village? Shisui's village? Why was he destroying it? Was it really part of his goal? To protect Sasuke and Sakura? 

No, he was hurting them. He always hurt them. 

He was the poison in their lives. 

"EVERYONE STOP FIGHTING!" He screamed at the top of his lungs, using his chakra to enhance his voice. Almost immediately, the Leaf stopped fighting against everyone else, everyone looking at Naruto with confusion. 

"If you are not part of the Leaf, then leave!" He shouted. "I don't want any more bloodshed because of me! Go home, stop fighting!" 

"Ahahahahahaha!" Tobi began laughing as he appeared on the Susanoo's shoulder, laughing hysterically. "Heheheheheheheh, you think you're in a position of power? I used you so I could attack the Leaf! With Itachi out of the way and everyone in one place, I can exact my revenge!" Naruto's eyes widened. 

"What do you mean?!" Tobi laughed some more before answering. 

"Itachi was forced to destroy the Uchiha Clan! He threw his life away for the Leaf Village, killed his own clan to prevent a Coup de'tat!"