Chapter 13: Strong

Naruto arrived on the bridge to see Kakashi struggling against Zabuza and Sasuke struggling against the masked ninja. 

Zabuza, who no longer had his sword, was holding a thin katana in one hand and a longer and wider sword in the other, duel wielding ferociously as he tried to cut Kakashi in two, who was barely defending with a single kunai. 

Sasuke wasn't fairing much better, having many needles made of ice sticking out of his body. He glanced to the right and saw Sakura shielding Tazuna, her kunai in a reverse grip as she quivered in her sandals. 

Naruto rushed forward, taking the large sword that once belonged to Zabuza off his back and swung it at the man, who barely dodged the swipe. 

"Heh, you brought me my sword, great!" Zabuza shouted, grinning under his bandages as he suddenly spun in the air and kicked Naruto in the chest, sending him sliding back a little bit, his breathing a little bit uneven from the kick. 

"Naruto!" Kakashi shouted as he reengaged Zabuza. "Go help Sasuke! I have my strength back!" Naruto almost rolled his eyes but relented, following Kakashi's instructions as he rushed the masked ninja that was battling Sasuke. 

He swung the sword on the ground, but the ice wielder dodged just in time, making the sword plant itself into the concrete. Ignoring the sword for now, Naruto hurled himself forward, using the sword's handle to propel himself further and he drop-kicked the fake hunter-nin, making them land on their back. 

Sasuke glared at Naruto. 

"I didn't need your help!" He said between gritted teeth. Naruto didn't even bother looking at Sasuke, something he's been doing a lot more recently as of lately. 

"The needles in your skin say otherwise," He said simply. "Go help Kakashi-sensei, you're not needed here. I'll handle them," Sasuke's face twisted to one of rage as he stayed put. 

"I'm not leaving, this is my fight!" He shouted at Naruto. Naruto closed his eyes and let out a deep sigh before his eyes changed to those of the Kyuubi. 

"I'm not asking, Uchiha!" He shouted, the dark chakra enhancing his voice. "NOW LEAVE!" Sasuke took a step back in shock and fear. "This is MY fight now, you're too weak." 

". . ." Sasuke didn't say anything, he just stood there before turning around and rushing to help Kakashi. Naruto let a smirk crawl upon his face as he looked at the now up ice-wielder. 

"I've been dreaming of fighting you, to test our bloodlines," The boy held up several ice needles and pointed them at Naruto.

"I have honed my ice for years, you have honed yours for a week, do not try me." Naruto grinned as he held out his hand as a sword made of ice suddenly appeared in his hands. 

"Tell me Yuki, can you do this?" The masked ninja's figure suddenly began trembling in what was either rage, fear, or both. 

"I-Impossible! How can you do that? That would take years upon years of practice!" He shouted. Naruto's smirk only increased. 

"My bloodline is to copy other bloodlines and increase their power and abilities. I can only do one at a time but it is still pretty useful!" He shouted as he rushed forward and sliced through the Yuki's needles, breaking them in half before he twisted mid-air and planted his foot right at the shinobi's temple, making him smash forward and hit the bridge wall with a smack. 

Then, a familiar chirping of lightning could be heard. 

"Naruto, it's not your fault," Hiruzen told the boy lightly, but Naruto just shook his head, his hands in fists.