Chapter 14: Unencountered Feelings

The funeral for Kakashi Hatake was dark and grim, no one spoke, no one smiled, no one touched the man's grave. 

There were no tears from Naruto Uzumaki, who stood there, completely and utterly numb to the whole ordeal, three words going through his head. 

It's my fault. 

Over and over, that same thought went through his head over and over and over again. He blamed himself so much that he couldn't even bear to shed a tear anymore. 

His eyes were dry. 

So he watched as his teammates both sunk into their depression, both having been close to their sensei for the two months they have known him. The Hatake legacy was over, and there was nothing Naruto could do to restore it. 

He was utterly helpless. 

The funeral ended without a hitch, his coffin being lowered into the ground by his fellow Jounin while the Hokage said a few heartfelt words, though, Naruto didn't hear him. 

He didn't hear anything. All he heard was the heavy rain that poured on top of his matted blonde hair. What was there to hear? What was there to see? 

What was there to feel? 

Those questions often popped up inside his brain, often making his head hurt as he tried to go back to sleep, only to wake up once again to the sight of the masked ninja named Haku slit Kakashi's throat once again. 

His fault. 

Naruto sat in his apartment, bags under his pale blue eyes as he laid in bed, unable to fall to the clutches of sleep. 

'Protect them', Kakashi had said. But how could he protect two Genin if he couldn't even protect Konoha's most powerful Jounin? 

The answer was short and clear: He couldn't. 

He looked like he'd been through the wringer, his hair a mess. 

He didn't know what time it was, he had boarded up his windows, not wanting to be woken from his nightmares by the ever blinding light the sun provided. 

His fault. 

His depressing thoughts were suddenly interrupted when a rather loud banging was heard at his door. He glanced at his front door but only rolled in bed, his back to the said door. The banging came again, this time louder, but once again, it was ignored. 

Then, rather unexpectedly, the door was kicked off its hinges, slamming into Naruto's filthy kitchen, scattering and breaking bowls and plates, including a few plastic silverware. Naruto didn't care too much, he just turned one more time and saw who had broken into his home. 

And there, standing in all their glory, stood somebody he didn't even know. 

"Breaking and entering is illegal you know," Naruto drawled out as he noted her appearance with a lazy, yet sad look in his eyes. 

She had long purple hair that reached down to her waist with dark brown eyes and a small shade of red lipstick on her lips. She had porcelain white skin with a Jounin vest over a plain long sleeved blue shirt and a pair of black baggy pants and boots on with a katana on her back. 

However, as nice as she looked, her eyes glared ferociously at Naruto, who didn't even bother giving her the satisfaction of looking surprised. 

"What do you want?" He asked in an empty tone. 

"I'm your new sensei, jackass, now get dressed and meet at Training Grounds 7 in ten minutes," She spoke in a tone that spoke, "No bull shit". 

"No," Naruto said as he grabbed his covers and pulled them on top of himself. "I'm sick," The woman's glare only intensified.