Nightmare (Scrap from That Boy is Mute)

Have a short scene that I wrote and don't know where to publish.

Clem used to experience many nightmares about her past, or about random things her brain thought of. Many of them weren't true, and we're just untrue night terrors. Either way, it was still scary to her, especially waking up and thinking they're real.

But, when sharing a calm bed with Louis, they would almost never torment her. Until, this odd one night caused the girl to have a severe nightmare.

Unable to comfort her with words, Louis did the next best thing and embraced the girl. Wrapping both arms around her, he held her small body close to his in an attempt of silently comforting her.

Scared from the unfamiliar constant, Clem instantly reacted by shoving the boy away from her. And, it seemingly worked more than what she originally wished.

As, Louis made hard contact with the floor with a loud thud, he also let out a pained grunt. Realisation on the pain through his spine, he let out a groan at the feeling.

That was the first time Clem had ever been remotely physical to the boy, and he knew it wasn't intentional.

Hearing the odd noises seemed to finally pull Clem out of her sleep. Upon seeing the boy she shoved to the floor, she managed to put two and two together.

"Oh my god, Louis. I'm so sorry. I didn't know it was you-"

'I mean, who else would it be?' The boy retorted, half serious.

"No, not like that. I mean, I didn't think it was real. I thought someone was trying to hurt me." She explained, pulling the boy back onto the bed by his hand.

'I know. Don't worry about it. I'm fine.' He signed in reply. The grin on his face proved he was telling the truth.

"Get back up here you dork." Clem retorted, lending a hand to the dark boy on the cold floor.

'Right behind you love.' He signed, grabbing ahold of her warm, yet small, hand.

Vote and comment if you enjoyed this one shot.