chapter I

📍Amsterdam, Netherlands 🇳🇱

It was a cold morning amidst the bustling city of Amsterdam.

Jisoo was on her usual routine of walking along the city's streets before making a stop at her most favorite place in the entire city.

The store was a combination of a library and a café, unarguably two of her most favorite things on the planet.

Stepping inside, she was immediately engulfed by the warmth that the place brought her, as well as the sweet aroma of the coffee and sweets lingering in the air.

She smiles to herself as she takes a seat at her usual spot at one of the book shelves by the window.

In her opinion, it was the best spot in the entire store. She was able to observe the beautiful scenery along the city's streets and quietly read her book as she delighted in a cup of freshly brewed coffee.

Glancing around, her lips curves into a smile when she spots the person she was searching for.

Jisoo: Chaeyoung-ah!

Chaeyoung Park, or better known as Rosé, the owner of the store and was who it was named after, turns around at the sound of her name.

She smiles upon seeing Jisoo at her usual spot and immediately waves back.

She approaches the latter and takes a seat in front of her.

Chaeyoung: Hey unnie. How are you today?

Jisoo shrugs.

Jisoo: The same.

Chaeyoung smiles in return.

Chaeyoung: What will it be today? The usual?

Jisoo nodded.

Jisoo: You know how I like it.

Chaeyoung: Give me 5 minutes.

The younger girl gets up from her spot and walks away before disappearing behind the counter.

Jisoo shifted her attention elsewhere and glances out the window. She notices a couple walking along the streets, their hands intertwined.

Her lips unknowingly forms into a slight smile at the sight.

It led her to wonder whether if she would one day find any happiness of her own. A person that she could lean on and share her burdens with. Someone who she would protect and risk her life for. Someone who could be her soulmate, other half, and source of happiness.

She smiles to herself at her foolish thoughts and was brought out of her reverie as soon as Chaeyoung had brought out her drink.

True to her words, the younger girl had came back within five minutes.

Jisoo gives Chaeyoung a grateful smile as she sets down the cup of coffee.

Jisoo: Thanks Chaengie.

Chaeyoung: My pleasure unnie.