chapter IV

📍Amsterdam, Netherlands 🇳🇱

Two days after their unexpected meeting in the restaurant, Jisoo and Jennie finally met again within the comforts of Chaeyoung's book café.

Jennie sets the book onto the table as she stares at Jisoo with an anticipating expression.

Jennie: I've finally finished it.

Jisoo gives Jennie a small smile and crossed her arms.

Jisoo: What did you think of it?

Jennie leans back and returns her a single nod.

Jennie: Just like the previous book, it was absolutely breathtaking.

Cocking her head to the side, Jennie gestures for Jisoo to speak.

Jennie: You had promised that once I finish this book, you will tell me the rest of the story. I have now finished it. It's your turn to keep your end of the bargain.

Jisoo replies to Jennie's statement with a cheeky smile and flirtatious wink, taking the latter by surprise.

Jisoo: Why I can't go back on my word to such a beautiful woman now can I?

Jennie: Y-yah. Stop messing around.

Jisoo chuckles lightly at the sight of Jennie's flustered face.

Jisoo: Ah~ you're no fun.

Jennie clears her throat nervously as she uncomfortably shifted in her seat. Her face was probably as red as a tomato and there was nothing she could do to hide her embarrassment.

Jisoo laughs again before deciding to seize her laughter upon seeing Jennie's discomfort.

Jisoo: Okay, okay. I'll tell you. But...

Jennie raises an eyebrow, wondering what else Jisoo has to say.

The older girl clasps her hands onto the table and leans forward.

Jisoo: I would have to tell you this story as we walk along the streets of Amsterdam.

Jennie crosses her arms and assumed that Jisoo was just fooling around.

Jennie: And why can't you just tell it to me here? Like what you did before.

Jisoo shrugs and took a sip of her coffee.

Jisoo: It's important to the story. You'll find out why at the end of it.

Seeing that Jennie was silent, Jisoo cocks up an eyebrow and gives her a smirk.

Jisoo: Unless you don't want to hear the story...

Jennie: Ugh, okay fine. I'll go with you.

Jisoo smiles cheekily as she immediately stands up from her seat. She waits for Jennie to rise from her chair before nodding her head towards the door.

Jisoo: After you m'lady.

Jennie replies with an amused scoff before walking past Jisoo.