chapter V

📍Amsterdam, Netherlands 🇳🇱

Jennie: You guys are what?!

Chaeyoung and Lisa shares a glance as Jennie and Jisoo both stared at them with wide eyes.

Lisa: We're engaged.

Jisoo: Wahhh!

Jisoo started clapping in excitement while Jennie was still in shock with the sudden news.

Jisoo: Park Chaeyoung, you didn't even tell me about this.

The Australian's face turns into a bright red as she grabbed onto Lisa's hand.

Chaeyoung: It was all pretty sudden unnie. I mean, neither of us were planning for it to happen. It just... happened.

Jisoo chuckles as she shook her head.

Jisoo: I'm happy for you guys. Never knew you had it in you Park Chaeyoung. Just a few weeks ago you were talking about how scared you were to tell Lisa that you love her. And now she's your fiancée!

The young couple laughed at Jisoo's words before turning to stare into each other's eyes.

Chaeyoung: I guess it was pretty silly of me to be so scared about it.

Jennie frowns as she contemplated on her thoughts.

Jennie: Are you guys sure about this? I mean marriage is a big deal, and you've only known each other for 8 months. Have you discussed everything?

Lisa glances over towards Jennie as she signals for Chaeyoung to let her speak.

Lisa: We're sure about this unnie. I've been thinking about this for awhile now. There's no other person I could possibly want to be with beside Chaeyoung.

Despite the younger's assurance, Jennie's frown still remains.

Jennie: I just don't want you guys to get hurt or regret anything.

Chaeyoung gives Jennie a small smile as she intertwines her hand with Lisa's.

Chaeyoung: I know that Lisa is your best friend, and you have every reason to be worried about her Jennie Unnie. But I promise you that I really do love her. And I won't ever regret my decision of asking her to marry me.

Lisa smiles blissfully as she listens to Chaeyoung's words. She takes a glance at her best friend and was relieved to see that her fiancée's words have been able to relieve the older girl from her doubts.

Jennie's lips form into a small smile as the worry slowly eases off her shoulders.

Jennie: I'm happy for you guys. Really. I'm glad that you had found each other.

Jisoo nodded in agreement to Jennie's words. A bright smile was spread across her heart shaped lips due to the happiness that she felt for her best friend.

Jisoo: Jennie is right. There is no one else that I could possibly ever want Chaeyoung to be with.

Lisa and Chaeyoung smiled at the two older girls, happy that they supported their marriage.