chapter VI

📍Amsterdam, Netherlands 🇳🇱

Jennie: LET ME GO KAI!

Kai: You're being irrational. Let's talk this out. I'll explain everything.

Jennie tries to yank her arm away from the tight grip Kai had on her but to no avail.

Jennie: I saw you kiss her! How are you going to explain that?!

Kai: She was the one who kissed me!

Jennie shakes her head as tears fell from her eyes.

Jennie: We both know that isn't true. It's not the first time I've seen you with her Jongin. And it's definitely not the first time you've done something like this.

Kai ruffles his hair in frustration as he feels his patience beginning to run thin. His grip on her arm tightens as the tiny brunette releases a yelp of pain.

Kai: I told you that what you saw wasn't true! Why won't you believe me?!

Jennie: I've had enough of this Jongin. I can't do this anymore.

Jennie was about to pull her arm away when Kai yanks her back and pushes her roughly against the wall of the apartment.

Kai: You're not leaving this apartment until we sort things out!

Tears brim within the brunette's eyes due to the pain as she struggles against Kai's strong hold on her.

Jennie: Let me go! You're hurting me!

Kai's face slightly softens despite still holding Jennie firmly against the wall.

Kai: I love you Jen. I would never hurt you. You know I love you too much to do that. Let's calm down okay?

Jennie's lips form a thin line as she remains silent. She can't let herself be swayed again. She told Lisa that she would end things with Kai for good this time.

Jennie: I love you too. But this... us... I can't handle it anymore. You've changed. We've changed.

Kai keeps his gaze fixated on Jennie as he uses his hand to force the latter to look at him.

Kai: You're wrong Jen. Nothing has changed. I still love you and you still love me. That's all that matters. We're still in love Jennie. You can't just walk away. What will I do without you?

The brunette lightly jerks away her head from Kai's grip and allows it to drop as she looks towards the ground.

Jennie: You always do this Jongin. We've been through this so many times already. Time and time again you've let me down; and time and time again I keep coming back to you. You didn't even listen to me when I told you that I didn't want to take that job offer. Do my words mean nothing to you? Does my opinion not matter?

Kai heaves a sigh as lifts Jennie's chin up so that she was once again looking at him.

Kai: And I was wrong for doing that. I just wanted to do what was best for you.