Chapter One - Limited

"Ey! Get your feet off the couch! It's custom leather, bitch!" Felix smacked at Sean's boots, his eyes narrowed to slits, but the rest of his expression was playful.

"Tshh.. Custom FAKE leather." Sean chuckled, reluctantly removing his feet from the couch and sitting up.

Felix feigned a shocked expression, a hand on his chest. "Like you know what real leather looks like."

"Pretty sure-" Sean tore a piece of the fake leather from the couch, holding it up. "-real leather doesn't flake like this."

Felix rolled his eyes, shaking his head. "Well it won't be much of a fake leather couch if you keep pulling up the fabric like that." Felix sat beside him, cracking a cold one open and moving it around in one hand. "Speaking of.. have you talked to Sammy yet?"

Sean let out a deep sigh, knowing Felix would bring that up. "About the jobs? No. And I don't plan on telling her. Ever. I don't want her thrown into all this.. you know she worries about me, Fe."

Felix took a swig of his beer, keeping his gaze down. "Yeah, I know.. I just hate having to lie to her every time I come to visit. It's unfair to her."

Sean nodded, knowing the feeling. "I know. You think it's any better for me? Her own Father.. lying about where he goes each night. She'll hate me.."

Felix suddenly tore his gaze from the floor, glaring at Sean slightly. "You have to give her more credit than that. She's your kid. She's more forgiving than you might think."

Sean looked away from him, his eyes on the unopened beer can in his hands. "I wouldn't know. I barely spent any time with my little girl..-"

"-And that's what you have to change!" Felix got up again, sitting in front of Sean. "She looks up to you, Sean. She aspires to be like you. You think it'll sit well with her when she finds out you're a getaway driver?"

"You don't think I know that?!" Sean sighed again, leaning his head back against the couch. "I'm sorry.. it's just.. I want to protect her. Keep her safe. Telling her won't solve anything.."

Felix placed a hand on Sean's knee, frowning slightly. "Listen, man.. it's worse when you're lying to her every time you walk through that door.." Felix was hesitant, but he spoke up again. "One last job. Five million dollars in cash."

Sean's head jerked up, him staring at Felix wide eyed. "What?! That could pay for Sammy's tuition.. she could go to college like she wants! She could buy herself a house.. she'd be set for life.." Sean suddenly smiled as he imagined Sammy's large smile and her caring eyes.

"Precisely. One. Last. Score. And you'll never have to drive again." Felix stood up again, finishing his beer and throwing it into the trash bin near the closed garage door. "What do you say, Sean?"

Before Sean could utter a word, someone else entered the room, the atmosphere darkening immediately. "I say, you should've waited for me to get here before telling him anything." The stranger had dark brown orbs and dark brown hair, his expression anything but friendly.

"Mark.." Sean whispered before tearing his gaze away from the tall man. "Nice to see you again.." He trailed off, forcing his eyes back up to him again.

Mark was wearing a black trench coat, the collar up,
and black jeans along with a gray shirt. He sat down on one of the barstools near the bar, his eyes hardened. "So I take it five million is enough for the job then?"

"It's.." Sean cleared his throat, nodding. "It's more than enough, Mark."

Mark sighed deeply, taking off his gloves and laying them on the bar before looking back at him. "How many times must I tell you to use my code name when we meet like this?"

"Sorry.. Dark." Sean felt awkward using Mark's code. Like they weren't friends at all. It felt like Mark was a complete and utter stranger.

"Don't worry about it. Did you two leave your phones at the place? Each of you have a burner, right? They could trace our IP." Mark poured himself some water, waiting for their answers.

Felix places his hands in his pockets, biting his lip. "Marzia didn't like it, but yes. I never bring my phone with me.." Felix then looked at Sean, both their gazes drilling holes into him.

It took a moment, but Sean spoke up, feeling uncomfortable under their eyes. "I.. Yeah. My phone's at the place. Speaking of.. why are we concerned about this..? The passengers don't know who we are."

Mark rolled his brown eyes, downing the water before putting his gloves back on and standing up. "Don't be so naive. There are distinct facial markings, hair color and eye color. They look for all of that. We're never safe."

Sean bit his bottom lip. He had green hair for a while when he was a newbie. After the incident, he changed it back to his natural brown. "And who exactly are these guys..?"

"You really are full of questions, aren't you? We don't know who they are. That's part of why we need to be careful. You can't slip up, Sean. You've got family and friends to worry about." Mark suddenly narrowed his eyes, them shining. "You're still fresh meat to me. That's partly why I look out for you."

Sean frowned again. "And it had nothing to do with the fact that we used to be close frien-"

Mark cut Sean off with a growl. "Don't." Mark slammed the glass back into its place on the shelf, heading for the door. "I have business to attend to." He looked back at Felix, his hand on the door handle. "I trust you'll give him the information." And with that, Mark opened the door, walking through and slamming it behind him.. leaving Sean and Felix in uncomfortable silence.