Chapter Eight - Under Lock and Key

Sean felt bad after the fight with Mark. He just hated the fact that he never knew what was going on inside that man's head. What made him the way he was today. An emotionless thug. A heartless driver. But he thought he knew what made him that way. At least, toward him. The incident.

-December 1st, 2017-

"Come on Sean, stay with me!" Mark covered the gunshot wound with his hands, Sean was losing a lot of blood. "Stay with me, dammit! I can't lose you too.. If not for me, then for Samantha!"

Sean let out a wheezed cough, grabbing Mark's left arm tightly. Sean couldn't utter any words, so he looked at Mark instead. His eyes were pleading and filled with tears that could drop at any moment.

Mark grew angry at this, putting more pressure on the wound. "No! No! You're not leaving me! You stupid leprechaun! I can't lose you too.. hang on.. please-" Mark stopped, hearing the sirens in the distance. "Just a little longer, Sean.. and you'll be safe!"

Tears rolled down Mark's face first as Sean's grip loosened around his forearm. "No, dammit! Please. I can't lose my best friend! I love you, okay? You're gonna be just fine!"

Sean wished he could say it back, because he truly couldn't live without his best friend either. But he couldn't do anything but stare into Mark's eyes with a heartbroken and almost lifeless expression.

"No.. no." Marks eyes widened in realization. "No.. Don't you die on me! Don't you die on me, you bitch!" Mark removed one hand from his stomach to shake him furiously. "Sean, you bastard! Don't leave me here alone!"

Sean couldn't hear Mark's voice anymore over the sirens. The next thing he knew, he was being carried away from his friend.

"Sean!"

-Present Day-

Sean shivered, remembering it like it happened yesterday. He found his gaze had wandered down to his abdomen, where he'd been shot. He lifted his shirt to reveal scarring, a patch of pale pink. Sean drew circles around the misshapen scar, deep in thought.

Before long, someone had placed a warm hand on his shoulder, drawing him back into the real world. "Sean.. hey. It's me."

Sean visibly tensed and he kept his eyes down, letting his shirt fall back into place. "Gonna have to be more specific. I don't know any Me's."

Felix rolled his eyes, sitting beside him. "It's Felix. You know, your best friend? The guy who actually made you snort with laughter one time? Which was hilarious."

Sean gave him a lopsided smile, smacking him with the back of his hand. "Oh shaddup."

Felix gasped, grinning slightly. "Ooh~! Cat fight~"

Sean looked at Felix in disbelief, smacking his shoulder more harshly. "Do I look like I have tits to you!?"

Felix shrugged slightly, tilting his head as he lifted Sean's shirt. "I mean I don't know, do you?"

Sean pushed his hand away, laughing as he did his best high pitched impression of a woman. "I can't believe you just did that to a lady! Shame on you."

Felix burst out laughing, "Oh really, Miss Applegate?"

"Hey! Pretty sure Miss Applegate had bigger boobs than I do!" Sean replied, rolling his eyes playfully.

"Oh she definitely did, flat chest." Felix pokes one of Sean's pecks.

"Hey! Don't poke my man boobs, ya bitch!" Sean poked his back, his eyes narrowed.

Felix suddenly stood up, holding his arms out beside him like he was fat, puffing his cheeks out and stomping around. "Children! It's time for recess! Now get the fuck out of my classroom, ya little rats!"

Sean doubled over with laughter, his face red. "Oh my God, I think that's actually something she would say!"

Felix sat back down, laughing airily. "Oh she'd definitely say it. And don't get me started on the damn janitor."

"Oh yeah! I haven't played that game in a long time. I forgot about him!" Sean smiled at the fond memory, but it darkened. He didn't do YouTube anymore. He couldn't play those games for anyone anymore.

Felix noticed his frown and poked his shoulder. "Hey. We were having fun! What will it take for you to smile and laugh again? Joke around all the time like we used to."

Sean shrugged, feeling extremely depressed, a hole in his heart. "Can you rewind time?"

Felix sighed, knowing now what he was thinking about. "Sean.. remember when you asked me to delete your channel because you couldn't do it yourself..?"

Sean's depression deepened and he nodded, on the brink of tears now.

"I didn't. I couldn't bare to. That had been your life for so long. And deleting that.. would've made me feel like I was deleting a part of my best friend."

Sean's head jerked into Felix's direction, his eyes wide, but he didn't say a word as Felix continued.

"So after you get your kid back.. and after you finish that last job.. I want you to do me a favor and be my YouTube boyfriend again."

Sean smiled brightly, laughing as he knew at least a quarter of his fans shipped him with Felix. "I would be honored, Fe."

"Yes! I was thinking I'd have to tie you up and force you to do YouTube again. But I guess plan B is for another day.." Felix chuckled, wrapping his arms tightly around Sean.

Sean felt complete like this. He felt like his life had meaning again, besides his daughter. He hugged Felix back, the smile staying on his face this time.

Felix spoke after a moment of silence. "Now I just have to kidnap Mark and force him to do YouTube again. I'm going to have to hire a swat team and a gang or some shit."

Sean laughed again, letting Felix go. "I'm sure Mark will come around sometime. He has to.." Sean wanted his best friend back. He needed his best friend back. And he'd get his friend back. No matter what it took.