Chapter Six - Houdini

Sean was hysterical over the kidnapping and possible death of his little girl, Samantha. He was pacing back and forth, his eyes wide with panic as he explained the situation to Felix and Dark.

Felix was trying to keep Sean calm, repeatedly telling him that everything was going to be okay while Mark sat there, wondering how he could help without seeming like he cared. But this was for Sean's daughter. He had to do something.

"Sean." This was the first time Mark had spoken up since Sean got there, yelling about Samantha's kidnapping. "I think I might know someone who can help you. His name's Daniel. Goes by his code name, Houdini. He's a professional hacker and I'm sure that he can help you find your daughter."

Sean stopped pacing, going up to him with a scowl. "And why are you telling me this now?! You could've said something fifteen minutes ago, Mark!"

Mark narrowed his eyes, letting out a growl. "Listen, I'm trying to help you. Now dammit, you better fucking listen before your last chance at finding your daughter walks out the door." Mark knew it was harsh, but he had to set Sean straight.

Sean stopped, letting out a shaky breath before nodding. "Okay.. Okay. Just, please tell me where I can find this guy.. I need all the help I can get."

"What would help is if you calmed your ass down and shut up so I can get what I'm trying to say out." Mark waited a few seconds before speaking again. "It's not so easy to find Houdini. His location is hidden."

Sean was about to open his mouth again when Mark shushed him. "But you're in luck. I'm the only person who knows where he keeps himself these days. He's somewhat of a hermit."

Sean nodded slightly, running a shaking hand through his hair. "And how old is this guy? Not that it really matters.. I just want to know I'm not dealing with a thirteen year old with anxiety issues."

Mark rolled his eyes, huffing. "He's twenty-two. Now lets get going before I change my mind."

-

Sean, Felix and Mark approached an abandoned tech center with a bunch of shattered windows and rusty debris out front. Sean was the first one to speak up.

"The guy lives here? You're kidding, right?" He shook his head in disbelief, running his fingers across the glass door, some dust rubbing off. "Disgusting.. how does he eat?"

Mark chuckled, "Isn't it obvious? He has pineapple pizza delivered every two weeks. He orders around three boxes every- Oh for fucks sake, why am I explaining this? Lets get inside before it starts to rain." He rolled his eyes, opening the door and ushering Felix and Sean inside before shutting it behind them.

"It's so dark in here.. no pun intended.." "Sean hugged himself, looking over at Mark and seeing him scoff.

"And echoey.." Felix cupped his mouth with both hands, about to speak aloud, but Mark hushed him with a sharp glare.

"Don't you fucking dare. You'll scare the shit out of the kid." Mark turned back to Sean, grabbing the flashlight from him and aiming the beam of light ahead of them. "It'd be nice if the person in charge of light actually kept it pointed ahead."

"Hey! It's not my fault I was distracted by Mr. DoomandGloom." Sean hissed, keeping his eyes on the dusty lobby instead of Mark's icy gaze.

"Whatever. Lets go." Mark motioned them over to an elevator, waiting for them to enter as Felix spoke up again.

"Goin' up?"

"Nope. Going down." Mark pressed the bottom floor button, confusing Felix as the elevator doors closed.

"What? Going down? But isn't this the ground floor-" The elevator suddenly lurched, making Felix grab the silver bar at the back.

"It May be the ground floor, but that doesn't mean this place doesn't have a basement." Mark replied, holding on as well.

Sean kept his head down, a small smile on his face as he remembered the horror games he used to play. This reminded him much of the good ole days.

Mark glanced at him, knowing what he was thinking as he was thinking the same thing. He missed his fans. He missed creating content for them. He missed it all.

The elevator pinged, it's doors sliding open as they all stepped out, looking around in awe.

"This is where he does all his business. He calls it Deep Dark Code. Or The DDC for short." Dark motioned around the corridor. A bunch of flashing purple lights lined the walls through thick sheets of glass. "This.. is where all the data is stored. He's got blackmail and information on the whole city."

"Pretty fucking rad, dude.." Felix's eyes were glued to the machinery, a small smile on his face. "This almost reminds me of those videos games I used to play a lot. Kinda like Portals."

Sean chuckled, punching his shoulder playfully. "That's what I was thinking."

"Alright, come on children. Lets get to the main room." Dark patted Sean's back before moving ahead. When they emerged from the "tech corridor", they could see a figure in the middle of the room, typing away at his computer and glancing at the monitors every now and then.

"Daniel." No response. "Daniel!" Still nothing. Mark rolled his eyes. "Houdini.."

Daniel suddenly looked up with a small smile, his brown hair shifting slightly and his green eyes shining. He wore a pair of green glasses and a black shirt, along with a leather jacket that fit him nicely. "Ah.. Dark. It's good to see you again! I presume you're here with the infamous Anti and Die?"

Daniel used their code names, he was very choosey about his words, even in the safety of his own "home".

Sean stepped forward, standing up straighter as he once again had hope that this man would find his babygirl. His Samantha. "That's right.. I heard you could find my little girl?"

Daniel chuckled slightly, nodding. "If she's here, I'll find her. Trust me."