02

two⇢

Jaemin giggled at the recollection of events as he lied down on his boyfriend's bed. He was so innocent back then.

"What's so funny?"

Surprised by the sudden sound from the bathroom door, he turned around only to see Jeno in nothing but a towel wrapped around his lower body. Jaemin checked out his upper body as he quickly answered his question.

"I just remembered the time when I first learned about the red string. I was so excited over every little thing. It was also the time I learned that you were my soulmate." Jaemin smiled fondly at the memories.

The day he learned about being soulmates with Jeno, he and Jeno were so happy about it. Though they didn't know about what love was exactly, being six-year olds and all, they knew that they were the happiest when they were together.

From that day on, they grew closer and closer. They told their parents about it and them too, were happy about it.

It was when they were ten when they became boyfriends after learning about what that meant from Jaehyun.

Nothing changed between them though, their relationship was still the same. They would hang out all day, sleepover at each other's houses, cuddle when they were together, and help each other with everything. They overcame all their childhood problems by always sticking by each other.

Their relationship only really changed when they hit puberty. They became more conscious of their surroundings. Learning that homosexuality wasn't the most accepted thing in the world, they became less touchy whenever they were out in public. They tried going on dates as well but of course, in a way that made them look like bros hanging out in a friendly, totally not romantic way.

Jaemin then smiled once more, remembering the first time Jeno asked him out on a date. The date was slightly awkward at the beginning, but the awkwardness dissipated as the day went on.

They were now 17 and they've done quite a lot of things together. They've handled all the problems that life threw at them together. They became more open with their relationship, proudly announcing that they were boyfriends with no shame after being accepted by their closest friends.

They were so happy with each other and Jaemin loved it. He loved that he found his soulmate with no problems at all and he knows that it will be this way forever.

Jaemin then snapped back to reality when he felt a shift on the bed he was laying on. He sat up and Jeno turned to face him, now wearing a green sweatshirt paired with some pajama shorts.

The younger then leaned in to peck the other's lips pulling away right after. He then leaned in once again and this time, it was more than a peck. He kept his lips on him as he moved them and as Jeno kissed back.

They pulled away with soft smiles on their faces.

"I love you" Jaemin said softly.

"I love you too nana" Jeno then replied accompanied by a small laugh and a whole hearted smile despite being slightly confused at the sudden confession.

It was small moments like this that Jaemin appreciated so, so much.

Jaemin smiled back as he stood up from the bed.

"Okay! Let's dye my hair now!" he announced as he pulled the elder's arm to get up and to head to the bathroom.

"Okay, okay!" Jeno said as he laughed at the other's actions.

"What color are we dying your hair again?"

"Pink!" He happily said as he showed the other pictures of the hair color he was going for.