04

four⇢

Does that mean that he has two soulmates?

The boy thought it was impossible. It was probably a slight mistake the gods made. At least, the confused boy had hoped for it to be.

How can he possibly have two soulmates? He's never learned of a situation such as having two soulmates. How was it possible for a person to love two people at the same time?

Even if it was possible, which it isn't, how was he going to deal with it? Should he just ignore it? Should he tell Jeno? He didn't know what he would do.

Multiple thoughts ran around his head as he sat down on the grass to join his friends. Though he pretended to listen, one would know that he was thinking about something else if they were to look closely.

Jeno was the one to do this. He noticed that he wasn't contributing anything to the conversation so he decided to check up on him. He lightly called out his name but to his dismay, no reaction was received from the boy.

Jaemin's train of thoughts was then stopped when Jeno shook his thigh, not too hard to attract the attention of the others but enough to shake Jaemin out of spacing out.

He looked up at Jeno and sent him a questioning look.

"Are you feeling ok?" Jeno asked quietly.

"Of course?" It came out more like a question for he himself didn't know as well.

"You've been spacing out. Are you sure you're ok babe?" He asked once again.

"Uh yeah, I was just thinking about something. Thanks for asking" the pink haired boy then said with a reassuring smile to stop Jeno from worrying.

"If you say so.." Jeno then said not believing what he said but deciding to let it go thinking hat he could just ask him about it when they got home.

Resuming both their attentions to the group they were with, the couple turned their heads, with Jeno reaching his hands towards the other's and lacing his fingers with Jaemin's.

Soon, donghyuck arrived at the park and immediately sat down on the empty spot in-between Mark and Jeno, Mark's expression suddenly changing.

"So..What have y'all been up to without me here?" He asked in a carefree tone.

"You're fucking late" Mark bitterly said.

"Gee thanks for asking if I'm ok and why I took such a long time to get here. I'm ok and my mom held me up by lecturing about stupid shit. I also had to take the longer route because of some construction going on" Donghyuck then replied with some bitterness in his tone as well.

Despite Donghyuck being a trickster with endless thoughts on how to annoy his friends, his actions were his way of showing his affection and the others were happy with this. The only person in their group he acted differently with was Mark. He and mark never seemed to get along when they were together but everyone knew that those two were the closest to each other.

They endlessly threw insults at each other and were always at each other's throats but then you'd soon find out that they've stayed over at each other's houses for more than two thousand times, having known each other since they were kids. Even if the group of friends spent a lot of time together, it always seemed like as if there were things that were only kept between Mark and Donghyuck.