10

ten⇢

Renjun let himself be pulled by the younger Chinese, only focusing on trying not to trip on the little pebbles on the pavement. After a few moments, he felt his legs start to weaken. He pulled back his arm to prevent the other from pulling him even more.

"Chenle! Wait!" The other slowed down eventually and looked back at Renjun.

"Why, why—ya!" Chenle cut himself off, seeing that Jisung was trailing far behind them. He let go of the older's hand and instead ran over to Jisung.

"Park Jisung!"

Jisung quickened his pace, refusing to smile any wider, to be able to walk alongside Chenle. Now next to each other, they went to where Renjun stood.

The two immediately began to talk animatedly, forgetting the third party. Renjun shook his head, unamused at the two's behavior, ignored them and just continued to approach Chenle's house.

Renjun let his thoughts wander as he took small careful steps, not wanting to fall and break something. He thought about today and the friend group he had just entered, despite only knowing them for a very short while. What if he had to spend his time in a whole different country alone? Imagine how terrible that would've been.

After a few more minutes, the three were only a few steps from the gate of Chenle's house. Once they were there, Renjun faced the other two, seeing their interlocked fingers. He shrugged it off and instead raised his eyebrows at the two, wondering if Jisung was going to enter the house with them.

The two, however, misunderstood. They thought that he was questioning their hands so they let go.

"So?" Renjun began to walk nearer to the gate, one of the guards immediately noticing.

"S-so what?"Chenle then asked, confused by his tone.

"Is Jisung going to come over?"

"O-oh no...I won't. I have to take care of some stuff back at home."

"Oh ok then. I'll get going." The eldest of the three walked through the gates, leaving the two to talk before they departed.

He continued to head to the front door and once he reached it, he heard fast-paced footsteps running towards him. Just before he stepped inside, Chenle came rushing to him and pulled him inside. This then forced him to take off his shoes and leave them at the entrance, messy along with Chenle's. He dropped his bag on the couch and felt his body drop on the couch when the younger finally let him go.

"What's with you and dragging me around?!" He wrapped his fingers around his wrist and massaged it, switching from speaking in Korean to Chinese when he realized he was talking to only Chenle.

"Sorry gege but mom and dad just drove into the driveway! I want to greet them when they get in... They've taken care of me almost my whole life and they've been gone for almost two months. I miss them." Chenle's tone softened and let his back relax against the cushions. Renjun let out a sigh and patted his shoulder to comfort him, struggling a little due to their height difference.

"Plus! I want them to mee-"He began to regain his excitement before they heard the door open.

"Chenle? Sweetie? Why'd you run when we pulled up in th-" A woman's voice called out, intriguing Renjun.

"Mom!" Chenle got up and hugged her and proceeded to get her suitcase and bag from her. Once he was able to see who it was, he slowly got up, not knowing if he should go up to them as Chenle did.