♛ | Chapter 10 - "stare at my ass"

"You're early."

I look up from the table and put my cup of tea down. There always seemed to be tea lying around everywhere in the castle. I was seated in the dining room, having an unspoken agreement of it being our meeting area. Plus it was one of the only places I actually knew how to get to on my own. I smile up at him, happy of my small accomplishment of being early and stand.
"You're late," I say. He wasn't.

He looks me up and down and I decide to return the gesture, gazing over his stupidly perfect form. His usually unruly curls have been maintained and I couldn't help but miss it's usual rebellious touch. His eyes were outlined darkly with what looked like eyeliner. I tilt my head to the side slightly. "Are you wearing eyeliner?" I ask, marvelling at the smouldering effect it had on Orion.

"It's kohl," he mutters. "Mages see it as a sign of intellect, dismissing ignorance. They say whoever wears it sees all and can tell when a person is lying."
"Huh," I let out, thinking over the idea. It was a unique one. I grin at the kohl bearing Adonis, "You should wear it more often." He crosses his arms, clearly not impressed. I walk up the him, chuckling. "It brings out your eyes," I purr, batting my eyelashes, knowing fully well that I probably looked like I was having a spasm.

My mind goes back to the gift I was wearing. I grin. If Orion wanted to play a game, I could play just as well.

His eyes travel down again, raising an eyebrow. "You should wear dresses more often."
I look down as well, admiring my choice of clothing. It was a long sleeved dress, the cotton thick enough to fight off the cold. Besides, Orion's biting eyes seemed to leave a scorching trail on my body. "I do look good, don't I?" I laugh, holding a part of the long skirt, accentuating its form. It reached my ankles, my black boots making a show. I was rather proud of the outfit, used to my usual jeans.
With one last glance over my form, he turns around. "Let's go."  I follow after him, eyes lingering on a particularly round backside. It was quite a sight to look at, despite the stick that was surely still up there.

"You're going to inflate my ego if you keep staring at my ass, Astraea."

Letting out a laugh, I go to walk besides the prince, not phased by being caught shamelessly staring.
Perks of knowing Gray for so long; never being embarrassed about anything.
"I'm sure your ego is through the roof already, Orion. I doubt a little stare from me would add to it," I chirp, my steps practically skipping and I decide to ignore the use of my supposed birth name. Our earlier conversation on mates and my lit candles seemed to brighten up my day and I couldn't not mention the bra I was currently wearing.

Speaking of which, "thanks for your little gift, Prince." I look up at him as we walk down the stairs. I had figured the bra was from him considering he was the only one with me when I had looked at the particular item of clothing.
"Was it the right size?" He asks as we reach the grand double stairs, the chandelier greeting us with its welcoming shimmer.
I chuckle at the question. Did the bra fit your boobs? Was what he was asking me. The fact that we were talking about such a topic like we were discussing the weather humoured me. "Oh yes, it fits rather snugly," I wink up at him.

He narrows his eyes at me, "you've been spending too much time with Gray."
I let out a laugh. "You're probably right," I say as we walk through the massive doors of the castle, the cool air kissing my skin and flicking my hair over my shoulders. I marvel at the beauty of the place not for the first time. I think about my night of near escape, how alive this place was. It was enchanting now, but it was something else entirely at night. "Where is everyone?" I ask.
"Mages from the Night Throne are what you could call nocturnal. We usually sleep for most of the day and wake up at sunset. So everyone is sleeping right now," Orion explains.