#3: Tera Pyaar Haar Gaya

Khushiji. It was not your fault. Anjali kept a hand on her shoulder as she picked up the duster from the counter.

It is my fault, Di. I should have been careful. She grabbed the mop and tried to leave when Anjali stopped her by holding her shoulders.

Look at me, Khushiji. She demanded.

Chotte is alright. He will get his voice back. You don't worry. Doctor has given him the medicine, right? Seeing her nod, she continued.

It is not like you did it intentionally. You didn't know that Chotte is allergic to Mosquito coil, did you? She shook her head.

Then let it be. Chotte will be alright. With a pat on her cheek, she turned and went away from the kitchen.

Taking a long sigh, she cursed herself for first igniting the mosquito coil and then after she was done with the dusting and mopping, she accidentally crashed the CD holder, which hit the pot and the mud spilled again.

She ran outside the kitchen, and was halted at the stairs by Nani. Khushi bitiya. She called. Chotte will be alright. Don't stress yourself. She patted her cheeks.

Nahi, Naniji. It's almost two hours and he still didn't get his voice back. Not even after drinking the 'khada'. She rushed upstairs not turning back.

.

.

.

Two hours later, Khushi was done cleaning the whole room again. She dusted every nook and corner of the room. Even the poolside was washed by her. The plants were watered. Everything looked and smelled fresh.

She sighed. Finally. She muttered under her breath. Arnav was gone downstairs to get some files from Akash, so she decided and went to take a long bath.

Just as she was going to open the door after bathing, she stopped hearing something. Her brows frowned in confusion.

Han Aman. Arnav spoke in the phone. I won't be coming to office today. She heard him say. Her eyes brightened hearing his voice again.

Di wants me to stay back for today. His voice sound irritated. She kept her hand on the handle, ready to open the door, when..

Oh, my voice? That I got back three hours before only. He chuckled. Her eyes widened with disbelief and hurt. He got his voice back three hours ago? She mumbled under her breath.

The next moment, the door was yanked open and Khushi stood there spitting fire.

Arnav stood there stupefied. He dropped the call as Khushi took steps towards him. Why? She asked with a slight anger in her voice.

Why didn't you tell anyone? She gulped hard to keep her anger in check. Were you having fun seeing me so stressed up? She grabbed his collar, shaking him. Buhat maza aa raha tha ap ko? Hamein aese pareshan dekh kr? Huh? She pushed him by hitting on his chest. (You were having fun, right? Seeing me so stressed!)

I didn't tell because I didn't want you to get any credit for curing me. Arnav pushed her back, making her stumble. Her wet hair cascading down on her shoulders.

Ap.. She tried to say but the lump in her throat didn't allow her. She gulped her tears. How could you do this? She asked painfully.

Her eyes filled with unshed tears as she let his words sink in. I am not answerable to you, Khushi. Stop irritating me. He gritted his teeth and stormed out of the room, leaving a shattered Khushi behind.