- #HTGH 3

Khushi smiled seeing Arnav before him. Her eyes filling with tears as she got up, making Jeevika frown.

Just then, Arnav turned and saw her standing a few steps away from him. His eyes softened as he got to see her, his shoulder visibly dropped as he let out a long sigh.

Biting his lips, Arnav stopped the sob coming out seeing her standing there.

Hoping against hope that Khushi forgives him, he dashed towards her. Seeing him running towards her, Khushi stepped further, once, twice and then ran towards him.

They both met in the center as Arnav took Khushi in his arms and she too went willingly in his warm embrace.

Khushi. He breathed out.

Arnavji. She sobbed.

Arnav crushed her closer to his chest, his arms holding her. The last four hours were a torture for him. He understood that this woman in his arms had managed to capture his every breath and thought.

Arnav Singh Raizada was nothing without his love, Khushi Singh Raizada.

Everything made sense the moment his fingers touched the skin of Khushi. Her warmth gave new life to his cold heart. He felt his heart beats as she placed her head on his chest, right above his heart.

Khushi. He mumbled, too overwhelmed to say any other thing. He tightened his hold on her, afraid to let her go. And as if understanding his fears and inner turmoil, Khushi hugged him with more force, hiding her face in the crook of his neck.

Arnavji, she mumbled as her lips touched his neck, just beside his Adam's apple. Arnav felt his breath hitch.

He moved back to look at her when, all of a sudden, it started pouring heavily. The black clouds finally gave in and tilted their water bowls on the Earth.

Around them, people ran towards shelter but those two remain standing there. Lost in each other's eyes, one had questions etched in them and the other's were full of remorse.

Khushi. I am so sorry. Arnav said, his voice just audible over the storm. I know what I said was very wrong. He took her soft hands in his hard ones.

I don't know why am I so afraid of being taken care of Khushi. He lowered his eyes, but Khushi was still looking at his face, her eyes having a sheen layer of sadness.

When I was a child, mumma used to pamper me a lot. I was her "ankhon ka tara" as she used to say. He let out a small sad chuckle. (pearl of eyes)

And then one day, she was gone. I was alone and in just hours I had to realize that this was it. The fairytale was ended. There was no happy ending for my family.

And that - Arnav gulped, that realization made me a cold hearted person. Mjhe pyaar se nafrat ho gai, aur pyar karne walon se bhi. He lifted his eyes and Khushi took a shuddering breath seeing the amount of pain and helplessness in his chocolate brown orbs. (I started hating love and the people who loved)

Seeing her shiver, Arnav got startled.

No, Khushi. He took hold of her upper arms, bringing her close to him. Tumse nahi. Kabhi nahi. He shook his head, his breathing quickened. (Not you. Never)

Mein tumse kabhi nafrat kar hi nahi paya. His words came out in a whisper. Sirf tumse hi tu nahi kar paya. Khushi looked at him as he cupped her face. (I could never hate you. I wasn't able to hate you only)

Please say something?! He touched her forehead with hers. Anything. He mumbled.

Then why did you do all that with me? Kyn mjhe meri hi nazron mein gira diya apne? Ap tu jante the na - Khushi took a step away from him, jante the na k mein pyar karne lag gaye thi ap se? (Why you degraded me in my own eyes? You knew right? You knew right that I was in love with you?)