Bucky Barnes (Winter Soldier)

"Why?" I asked through tears.

"(Y/n)-"

I pushed past him and ran down the streets. I felt tears stream down my face as I ran through the streets. I made it to my best friends house and banged on the door. The door opened and Bucky looked at me shocked.

"He cheated on me." I said through tears.

He let out a sigh and pulled me into a hug. He held me tightly and gently kissed my forehead. He pulled me inside and shut the door.

"Bucky who is it-"

Steve stopped at seeing me and Bucky, he sent us a nod of his head before allowing Bucky to carry me to his room. He set me on the bed and sent me a reassuring smile.

"Why does this always happen? I think that a guy likes me and then.. then he breaks my heart.... why can't I.. why can't I find someone?" I asked through tears.

"Because guys are idiots.... and non of them deserve you." He said softly.

"Why can't I find a guy like you?" I asked softly.

He went to say something but was stopped by Steve walking into the room.

"We have to go, they are ready for us." Steve said softly.

"I'll be there in a second." Bucky said softly.

"Leaving again?" I asked as Steve walked out of the room.

"Yea.... listen... I... I wrote a letter for you... read it after I leave and we can talk about it when I get back." He said as he kissed my forehead.

It wasn't long before he left the house and I was left alone. I held the note in my hand and held my breath as I opened it.

Dear (y/n),
I don't know how to say this, but I'm in love with you. I have been since we met... that guy you are with... he doesn't deserve you and he never will. I love everything about you, your smile that he washes away, your laugh he tries to drown it with tears.... I love you and I always will.
- Bucky

I felt tears stream down my face as I read it over and over again. I put the letter in my pocket and smiled as I whipped my tears away.

Time skip

When the words left his lips I felt my world crash and burn. Tears streamed down my face as Steve pulled me into a tight embrace.

"He told me we would talk... I had so much I needed to tell him." I whispered through tears.

"I'm sorry." He whispered.

Bucky has been killed during a mission and I was left alone. It wouldn't be long after that Steve disappeared and I was left alone. I ended up working with Peggy to make an organization to protect everyone. During one mission I was injured and forced to be put in a cyrostasis pod.

Timeskip

I felt my eyes open and I let out a sigh as I set up and looked around.

"Where am I?" I asked as I saw a man walk up to me.

"Stark Tower." He said with a smile.

"Who are you?"

"Tony Stark."

"Stark?"

"I'm Howard Stark's son... you've been asleep for awhile (Y/n)." He said with a small smile.

"What day is it?"

"June 2nd..... of 2016." He said softly.

I looked at him shocked and laid back on the table. He explained everything to me and then told me what all I had missed.

"So the Avengers... are a team of heroes?" I asked softly.

"Yes... come on let's go see them." He said as he led me inside the base.

I stopped when my eyes landed on Steve.

"(Y/n)?" Steve asked as he stood up.

I smiled as I rushed up and hugged him. I then pulled away and smacked his shoulder.

"You dick! I thought you were dead!" I snapped angrily.

"Sorry... oh Bucky will be so happy to see you." He said with with a smile.

"Bucky?" I asked shocked.

"(Y/n)?" A voice asked softly.

I looked behind Steve and saw Bucky with long hair. I felt tears stream down my face as I walked up to him.

"Let's give them a minute." Steve said as he left the room.

"It's been awhile." He said softly.

"I love you too." I said as tears streamed down my face.

"What?" He asked shocked.

"I read the letter... and I've waited a long time... to tell you that I love you too... always have."

He sent me a smile and gently grabbed my face and kissed me. I smiled into the kiss and wrapped my arms around his neck pulling him closer to me.

"Now... if you ever put me through that again! I swear I'll kill you myself James Barnes!" I yelled as I smacked his shoulder.

"Yes ma'am." He said as he let out a laugh and pulled me into another kiss.