11 | I Eat A Succubus

Daigo's army of samurai is small compared to what it used to be. Years of plenty turned the once capable men into lazy fools. The people of his land could afford to settle down and relax and eat their rice cakes. While I do their dirtiest work.

The men patrol the border land between the Sakai and Daigo. Occasionally Daigo sends me on solo missions. To infiltrate and weaken the neighboring Sakai Clan's defenses.

Unlike an entire army, I'm stealthy and dependable. Destroying Sakai's war efforts is child's play. Without me Lord Daigo would be helpless to the invaders. So why does he insist on treating me like a common slave?

"Revolt." The Kitsune whispered.

"What?" Her sudden desire alarms me.

"You're the one always making me follow Lord Daigo's orders. Now you don't want to?" I'm confused by the change of heart. After all she agreed to the deal in the first place.

"I didn't agree. If you were locked inside a rock for 500 years you'd accept the same deal, too. I loath this cursed land." The Kitsune made low growl-like noises.

"Why are you telling me this?" I get the feeling she's hiding something. But nothing more was said. I groaned at her lack of social skills.

"You just want to get me killed." I mutter.

An ominous caw of a raven cane from the sky. I spot two ravens flying towards each other. My lips turn downwards in a deep frown. This particular event signifies an omen of war.

The building terraces seem to be on fire from my view from the mountain side. Twilight is dawning on Lord Daigo's village.

"Smells nice."

A particular hunger gnaws at my insides.

I intake deep breaths of the delicious smell. The humid air carries the sent from the West. Something delicious is on the mountain right now. I race along the trails allowing my hunger to take over.

Each breeze brings my hunger closer and closer to the surface. The wildness that dwells in me becomes increasingly more difficult to control as my demon form becomes harder to hide. My fluffy tail shows itself to the foliage and scampering stray animals.

As I near the source of my hunger I start to hear voices. My legs don't slow. I'm not deterred. My hunger and the Kitsune both agree that we're going to eat. Even if it's a human.

I start to loose myself to my urges. I fulfill the shift into the hungry demon fox. Sea green fox fire scorches the earth under my paws. Two humans come into view but my eyes are concentrated on the woman who smells like tantalizing ambrosia.

I appear from seemingly nowhere and leap at my prey. My fangs clinch around the woman's throat. Blood gushes from the wound and into my waiting mouth. Her surprised gurgled screams hurt my ears. I clinch my jaws tighter, with an audible crunch the screaming ends.

The Kitsune takes over almost completely. It's like we are two souls in the same body. Both souls fighting for dominance. She lapps up the lush blood and tears off pieces of sizable strips of flesh.

But the blood is black.

Startled I step away from the corpse. What I see isn't a human woman anymore, it's a blue skinned demon with two horns and a surprised look on its hideous face. It's blue body is obviously a female. She's maybe a succubus.

The nice smell turns to rot and the delicious blood in my mouth becomes rancid. I gag and lick my fur to rid myself of the awful taste. I back away fast from the rotting demon.