The best things come in threes

My phone buzzed, I looked up to my right leaning over to grab my phone. I unlocked it and read the message. It was from Damon, it read "James sorry i couldn't come back last night i got to carried away with things. Ill be there in 10"

It seemed like I haven't hung out much with Damon since he's been with some girl but anyways I should get up. "Hey Nate, get up Damon's on his way" I heard a small cheer in the distance and I knew it was Nate. I shook my head as I sat on the side of my bed. I reached out and pulled my bag towards me and rummaging through it to find some presentable clothes. When I saw a T-shirt I chucked it onto my bare chest and pulled up some pants. I walked out of my room and saw Nate sitting on a stool drinking his coffee while watching some cartoons. "Good morning" I yawned.

"Hey" he said.

I made myself a coffee and sat on the couch. "Ouch" I shouted, I had burnt my tung from the pipping hot coffee. I heard Nate chuckle.

***

"Damon, your back" we shouted,

"Yes, I'm back. Now embrace me" he chuckled. We ran up to him and gave him a bro hug.

"Im glad your back" Nate said.

"Tonight its boys night. Okay no girls" Damon said. We cheered in excitement especially Nate.

***

"Lets go the bar" I suggested. "Yes" Nate squealed. We headed towards it and entered. 'Karaoke night' a banner wrote huge up on the left. "Yes, I dare you Nate to go up and sing tonight." I said and laught. "Ill do it if you guys both do it afterwards together" he said. "Deal" we shouted. As it grew deeper into the night the bar grew louder with music and people. It wasn't as crazy as a night club since a bar was more for drinking and catching up with friends.

"Okay its time Nate" I said with a cheeky smile. "Ugh, okay" he walked up constantly looking back at us and we waited for our laughing fit. Many people had already sung and I got to admit some were pretty funny but I think Nate's is going to be the best. I saw him standing nervously on the stage. The music started, I nudged Damon and we both chucked. As soon as the music began I immediately knew what song it was. Nate finally let out some words. "When I wake up, I know I'm gonna be I'm gonna be the man to wake up next to you" he sung. Damon and I cracked up laughing while awkward Nate stood there singing. "Because I will walk 500 miles, and I would walk 500 more" my eyes were watering because of how funny it was. I heard many people cheering him on. "Wooot" I heard and some people whistled at him. Once the song was done everyone cheered and clapped. He bowed and walked of the stage and sat next to us. "Your up" he said. "Sec one moment" I said. We were still recovering from how funny it was.

"Go up, both of you" he demanded. "Okay, okay" and we both walked up together. We stood there awkwardly as the crowd was silent. The music began and the lyrics flashed on the small screen on the ground. "Fuck my life" Damon whispered to me. Then I realised what song it was. "Oh god" I said. The lyrics flashed on and we began to awkwardly sing. "Making my way downtown faces pass, walking fast and im home bound" the crowd began to cheer and I could see Nate on the stool by the bar laughing like crazy. "And I need you and I miss you and now I wonder" Nate soloed that and pointed to for me to sing. "If I could fall into the sky, do you think time will past me by" I sung and got a huge crowd cheering for me. Then we both sung. "Cause you know id walk a thousand miles just to see you" and we both pointed towards each other as we sung it.

Everyone cheered and clapped for us when we headed back to our seats. "That was beautiful boys" Nate said and laughed.

Nate suddenly out of now where started nudging me. "What?" I said. "Look, look. Its Charlie" he said.

"Who?" I said again. "Charlie, you know...the cute girl"

"Ohh..." Then my eyes widened and my jaw dropped as I saw her. "Ohh....wow..what a babe" I said. "Hey" he said.

"Okay Nate listen up, if you want something you got to work for it. Shes a very hot girl so many guys will want her so if you want her then you got to get her attention" I said sounding very wise. "Okay so should I go up to her and talk to her?" He said. "No" I shouted. "Be smooth" I said, "yeah like the time you said where can i cash in my swag points" Nate said and laughed. "Wait, look shes coming." I whispered. "Wait what?" He said a looked behind. She was walking up to us. She looked at us and sat down on the stool next to us. "One Malibu thanks" she asked the bartender. "Here you go miss" and gave her a flirtatious smile. She took and sip then, "hey, I remember you. Nathan, Isn't it?" She said with a large smile. "Yeah, Charlie right?" He said and I could see him also with a large smile. "Yes" shes said and giggled.

"Im going to join Damon over there for a bit" I said and left so there could get some time to talk. He nodded.

NATES POV**

"I saw you singing before" she said and giggled. "How was it?" I said with a smirk. "It was entertaining"

"Are those other two boys your friends?" She asked. "Yeah, great mates"

"Why weren't they with you last night?" Charlie said curious. "Out with some girls"

"Oh poor you, had no one to be with. All alone" she said and gave me a nudge and giggled. "I was fine by myself to be honest" I said with my head held high. "Yeah, sure thats why you left so early"

"No, you left early. I was there longer then you. Anyways how did you know I left early?"

"I went across the street to the bar with some friends and then I decided to come back because it got boring. I wanted to finish our dance but I couldn't find you anywhere" She gulped and smiled.

"Well thats nice to know" I said. Her facial expression changed. Wait did I just turn her down or acted like I didn't care?

Good one Nate. "Well nice talking to you again" She said and walked away. I was yelling at myself. Why Nate, why? I left out a huff and went to the boys. There faces grew when I arrived. "Hey, what happened?" They asked. "It was horrible, I turned her down for no reason. I don't know why I did it." I told them.

I looked back over to her and as soon as she saw me look at her she turned away.

"Lets call it a night" I said. "Im feeling a bit tired"

"What, now. C'mon its only 11:30" Damon said. I saw James give him a shove and tilted his head saying lets go.

"Ugh okay" he got up and we headed out.

"Im sorry guys, it's just-" James cut me off. "I understand" I turned to him and smiled.

***

Hey guys, hope you enjoyed this chapter. I did try to make it longer.

Please like, follow, comment and share.

Poor Nate, what do you think will happen? Will he get the girl?

What do you think of Charlie? Like her or not?

Anyways peace my broken kumber.