Lost

Squelch! Squelch! That was the noise that ringed in Glory's head as she stepped forward in what used to be a big lake, now turned into a green and brown mixed with blue and dark green swamp. It was about 4 feet deep and really sticky. Almost like walking into quicksand, you step Forward and you slowly sink. Except this time, you sink for a few seconds until your whole forearm is in the sticky substance.
           It was ridiculously pouring outside. The sky was smoking furiously, and the huts where her subjects lived were dark brown. There were a mother load of reports about minor flooding. At least for the nightwings. The Rainwings homes were in the tree tops and they had to bring over wood to cover them. Many of the Rainwings; or basically all of them, liked the rain. Glory on the other talon, didn't like it one bit. She hated the way her scales felt really cold and the little crystal clear teardrops plattered her completely, soaking her.
           Deathbringer was out helping the Rainwings and nightwings take cover and assisting in minor flooding. While he didn't have any grudge about helping there was one tiny problem.
        His over protective side.

         Dear moons, he was a pain in her tail when she gave him his assignment.
Flashback
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
       "JUST GOO!" Yelled Glory angrily.
        "I'm not leaving you by yourself Glory!"
        "It's not about ME! It's about the dragons out there struggling in this stupid downpour!"
         "Well what about you? What if you-"
          "DONT YOU DARE GIVE ME A 'WHAT IF'! YOU KNOW PERFECTLY WELL THAT I CAN DEFEND MYSELF!  I Just DONT understand WHY YOU WONT TAKE YOUR ASSIGNMENT!" Scolded Glory.
         "Glory I'll GLADLY take it. I just don't want you getting hurt."
       "ARRRRRRRGH! JUST GO! Three MOONS WHAT AM I GONNA DO WITH YOU YOUR SO INSUFFERABLE!! I don't GET  why you WONT LISTEN TO MEEE!!" Glory screamed at him. She was pretty sure she would lose her voice afterwards
       "Stop. Yelling. Your gonna lose your voice."
        "DONT-" The queen paused for a moment, taking a deep breath, calming herself.
         "Dont change the subject. Please Deathbringer. Help our dragons stay safe and warm. Please." She pleaded.
         Deathbringer sighed. "What about you? You need to stay safe and warm too." He pointed out.
        "Don't worry about me, I'll be fine. Rainwings are supposed to be build for this."
        "Fine I'll go, just stay out of danger's claws alright?" He Asked, already at the door. She nodded and he left.

       Flashback over
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
She had left to go make sure there wasn't any potential falling trees or anything that could harm her dragons. That's how she got caught up in this.
SQUELCH! As Glory tried to yank her arm back it didn't. Uh oh.
She was stuck.
She tried to twist around as hard as she could, but nothing worked. Glory finally got her wings out of the sticky substance and jumped up to fly. She only got a few feet out before she was stuck mid-air and her talons were desperately trying to free themselves. She thought of the one thing that could save her right now; and that was her venom. Glory knew she was risking accidentally spraying herself along with the mud but she had to do it. She had to fly all over the area so she could put up warning signs not to come here.
Glory wrinkled her snout, her bottom lip curled inward, making a deadly, black liquid form in her fangs, she backed her body up a bit, pressed her lips together, and spit where her talons were.
"AAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH!"
Glory screamed in pure agony as the substance not only cut through the mud, but left a huge mark, that was still eating away in her left talon and only a few speckles in her right.
She cried out and flared her wings, making her fly into the nearest tree. She screamed in pain and strangled against the wet bark. Crying out and screaming endlessly, her voice died down in her throat.
Her eye lids felt heavy and she felt herself slipping way, dizzy and lightheaded. I'm gonna pass out. She thought. It was the only thing the hurt rainwing Queen could think. Her thoughts trailed off and she finally let her eyes close. And then everything went black.