two;

❅

'It's not fair,' Jungkook sighed into his hands as his best friend, Taehyung, patted his back gently, giving his shoulder a reassuring squeeze.
'Life isn't fair,' Taehyung said in a low voice, having known that, indeed, life was not fair and had not been the best for him. 'But, I think you're over reacting a little.'
Jungkook lifted his head, his dark eyes meeting Taehyung's, slightly widened. 'Over reacting?' Jungkook repeated, bewildered. 'Impossible! She said no when I asked for her number!'
He threw his head in his hands again, groaning out something that sounded a lot like, 'no one has ever said no to me before!'
Taehyung let out a light chuckle, shaking his head at the sight of his best friend. 'Kook, I'm not sure if you're aware, but not every girl will find you attractive, and not every girl has to give you their number. They have the right to say no.'
Jungkook lifted his head again. 'I know that! It's just embarrassing when they shut me down.' He then looked at Taehyung, scrunching his nose. 'Do you know how long it takes me to convince myself to go and ask for a girls number? It takes me forever!' He then stood up and nodded once, placing his hands on his hips. 'That's it. It's decided. I'm never going to as for another girls number ever again.' The boy exaggerated.
'Jungkook,' Taehyung followed him, trailing behind his best friend with a sigh, 'Maybe you should focus on your own life for a bit, stay single and do things you love. Because, one day, everyone will disappear from here, so we might as well make the most of it, and not worry about girls.'
Jungkook gave his friend a side glance, raising his brow with a chuckle as they walked along the busy streets. 'Where did that come from?'
Taehyung shook his hair, running his hands through the brunette locks. He shrugged, facing his friend. 'Where did what come from?'
'That.' He said, stepping over a small puddle on the foot path with a little jump to avoid ruining his new white shoes. 'It was so...' he paused to think of a word, a hand on his chin. 'Depressing.' He concluded, meeting Taehyung's eyes.
    Taehyung forced out a short laugh, hoping his friend wouldn't notice the uneasy look on his face. 'It's true, isn't it? One day we're all going to die.'
     'Dude,' Jungkook lightly hit the side of Taehyung's arm. 'What's gotten into you? All you've been talking about for the past two weeks is death. It's freaking me out.'
      The boy shrugged, looking down at his boots. 'I've just realised recently that our life here is really short, so we should just make the most of it. I want to live my life knowing that I wouldn't regret a thing.'
     Jungkook frowned at his friends words. 'I think life is actually pretty long, if you ask me.' He clicked his tongue. 'Think about it, you're born then you have eighty, give or take a few years, and eighty years is a long time.'
'But what is you don't have eighty years, or even fifty?' Taehyung said, eyes still locked onto the muddy ground before him. 'What if you only have a year, or less?'
     'Okay,' Jungkook put a hand on his friends arm, stopping him. Taehyung faced him, his eyes showing no sign of emotion, making it hard for Jungkook to read him. 'What's going on?'
      Taehyung shook his head slowly. 'Nothing. I'm just talking about realistic things.'
     'You promise nothing is going on?' Jungkook peered into his friends darks eyes.
     'I promise.' He lied.

-
DRAFT VERSION

-DRAFT VERSION