twelve;

❅

The following days, Jungkook had barley spoken to Taehyung, and Taehyung couldn't tell whether it was because he was too weak to, or he was still mad at him for what he had said.
   They ate breakfast in silence, sat in the living room in silence, only exchanging minimal words when it was necessary. Taehyung has gone out alone because Jungkook had been too tired to. It gave Taehyung the chance to think to himself, to convince, himself that telling Jungkook would be the right thing to do. After all, they were best friends and he had the right to know, because Taehyung knew deep down inside himself that if this was happening to Jungkook, he would tell Taehyung immediately, or at least when the time was right.
   But what time would be the right time? Especially at a time like this, with Jungkook as weak as ever. His body was slowly weakening, day by day. The more that Jungkook grew weaker, the more ill Taehyung was getting.  Soon they would both be incapable of doing things on their own and it would be too much of a burden, physically and mentally to tell Jungkook about his incurable cancer.
It was one thing to tell Jungkook about his illness, but it was a whole other thing to tell him that he had been in love with his best friend since forever.
Taehyung has always wanted to confess his love for the person he loved, and now that his life was coming to an end, his days were getting shorter and his breaths were getting weaker, made him realise that he had to do it soon, or he would regret it.

'Can you walk on your own?' Taehyung finally asked Jungkook with a sly glance at him. He was tired and weak, growing thinner with each passing day, losing the colour in his skin and the brightness in his eyes.
Jungkook let out a raspy yes as he took his slow steps, hands shoved deep inside the pockets of his grey bomber jacket.
Taehyung ran his tongue over his bottom lip, nodding silently as he kept a careful eye on Jungkook.
'Dude,' Taehyung began, trying to make his voice sound lighter. 'That girl was totally checking you out,' he said with a forced grin, hoping that it would spark some interest in his best friend to even just smile for a moment. But Jungkook just kept his eyes on his scuffed up shoes, not glancing up.
'Oh?' He scoffed dryly, shrugging a shoulder aimlessly. Taehyungs heart dropped at the sight of him like this. He had been used to Jungkook being excited over the small things like that, his self confidence would reach sky high, a cocky grin plastered over his adorable face as he would rake his slim fingers through his dark hair, winking as he said, 'I can't blame them, I'm too good looking.'
'You're not going to ask for her number?' Taehyung leant his head towards his to look into his face.
His features remained blank, no sort of movement to show that Jungkook was even remotely interested in the girl.
'Can we just go home?' He mumbled out, meeting Taehyungs eyes briefly before he looked back down, letting his shaggy black hair fall back into his eyes.
Taehyung slowly put his arm around Jungkooks shoulder, nodding to himself as they both made their way back to a place that no longer felt like home.

-

DRAFT VERSION